Chapter Eight

Do everything in love (1 Cor. 16:14)

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

***

Explicit content

***

"Oh, you poor thing!" Penny, the women's shelter worker, says after I explain to her my situation

"Well, you're safe here. Is there anyone you want to call?" She offers as she guides me to my room.

"No, thank you. I'd rather no one I care about get involved." I inform her.

We arrive at my room, "Ok. Well, let me know if you change your mind." She tells me and walks away.

***

I sit in bed reading the Bible that the women's shelter provided.

There's a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say gently.

Penny walks in and I set the Bible down.

"Your friend Janice is here to see you." Penny smiles, though there is something off about it. I don't pay much mind to it because I jump up after hearing Janice's name.

I run to the front and freeze at the scene before me.

Vlasto and one of his guys stand there. Vlasto's guy holding a gun to the secretary's head.

"Hello, Zinovia." Vlasto greets me.

I say nothing.

He smirks and looks at Penny who has come in behind me, "Don't mind me. I'm just here to retrieve what is mine." Vlasto informs her.

A single tear falls from my eyes. Vlasto face is sympathetic as he sees it.

"Zinovia. You are far too beautiful to feel any form of sorrow or sadness." He walks up to me and wipes the tear from my face.

I don't flinch or move away. I only allow him to do so.

"But you have disobeyed me and someone must pay for it, with their life." He says.

I tense.

"Obviously, it cannot be you. So I guess it has to be this innocent secretary." He says. My head snaps up as I hear the gun click in the guy's hand.

The secretary gasps, "No. No! Please! Don't!" She begs, tears pouring down her face.

Vlasto snaps his finger and his guy pulls the trigger.

The secretary falls to the floor and I gasp.

Penny cries loudly behind me.

I close my eyes. May she rest with Jesus in eternal peace.

I walk into Vlasto's arms and he leads me outside.

"Lorenzo. Take care of the body." Vlasto orders him.

I have now killed, two people.

***

Vlasto walks into my room that night.

"You must be punished, love." He tells me.

I look at him, "But, you alrea-" He cuts me off.

"That was for disobeying me. I have to punish you for trying to leave me." He informs me.

"Lay down." He says.

I obey him, not mentally ready to be responsible for another's death.

Explicit Content