Chapter 1-The News At Night

Narrator: Kath was in the lounge room alone while the rest of the boys were tried and went to bed. The room was dark and you can only see the tv and whatever was in front of it. She was watching the news and saw that a there was the biggest and most powerful storm to ever hit Australia was coming there way. Kath was scared and started crying, but it was not loud because she didn't want to wake up the others.

Kath:(crying and breathing heavy) What are w going to do? Are we going to die? Do the boys know about this?

Narrator: Kath continued to cry until she heard someone on the stairs. Kath turned so she was not facing the stairs and then she hid under the blanket with only her head poking out. She shut her eyes and tears were still running down her face.

Nathan: Fruity? Are you there?

Narrator: Nathan looks over at the TV and then at the at the blanket in the floor.

Nathan: Are you under the blanket??

Kath: (lifting the blanket off of her head and then sitting up to look at Nathan) Nathan? What are you doing still up? I thought you went to bed hours ago?

Nathan: I heard you crying and wanted to see if you were okay. (sits down next to Kath) What's the matter Kath?

Kath: Have you seen the huge storm on its way? It's one of the biggest yet!

Narrator: Nathan looks over at the TV to find that they were broadcasting the storm. It was only 5 days away and to find a shelter ASAP.

Kath: Cray?? Are you okay?

Nathan: Yeah, uh... I-I'm fine. Do you think that we should wake up the rest if the boys??

Kath: I think we should, but I want to thank you. It was nice of you to come and see me.

Nathan: You're welcome Kath.

Narrator: Nathan gave Kath a hug and helped her up off of the ground. As they were on the stairs, they started talking to Nathan.

Kath: It's weird how Marcus never came down. When I cry he will come running,

Nathan: May he couldn't hear you.

Kath: Maybe you are right.

Narrator: Kath and Nathan start yelling for the rest of the boys to get up and come out of there rooms at 2 am. Kath was scared so she was holding on to Nathan's arm.

Nathan: Brodey! Elliott! Marcus! Wake up!

Kath: Guys wake up!!

Marcus: Kath?? Nathan? What's going on??

Brodey: Cray? Kath? What's happening?

Elliott: Why did you wake me up?

Kath: There is a big storm on the way and we need to get somewhere safe ASAP.

Elliott: What are we going to do??

Nathan: We need to find a small space but it needs to be big enough for all of us to fit and close to the ground.

Brodey: We need to have enough food to last all 5 of us but 6 of us if Lannan comes.

Marcus: We all should be given a job but first we should find out where we are going to stay

Elliott: Okay. Let's go