Chapter 26-Scars

Narrator: Brodey couldn't fall asleep so he stayed awake. He was on his laptop watch some videos, but then her looked down at his wrist. He saw all of the scars on them. they were all from years ago. After he almost died he swore he would never do it again, but that all changed when he took out his pocket knife and whispered to himself.

Brodey: Am I not good enough for her? *slits* Why couldn't she trust me? I never say anything.*slits* I just can't cope with it for some reason*slits* I wish that it was all not true*slits* I should be happy for her and Marcus but I hate it*slits* This is what I did when I was younger and is what I'm going to do now*slits* Did I do something wrong? *slits* I feel like I should drink and cut myself, just like what brought me to the hospital.*slits* I really wish that I can just get out of here and-

Kath: Brodey, what are you doing awake?

Narrator: Brodey eyes teared up as he saw Kath. He quickly put his pocket knife away and tried to hide his wrist by pressing them up against his chest. Kath could tell he was up to something.

Brodey: I-I-I-I..uh..um...couldn't fall asleep, s-so I chose to stay up.

Kath: It sounds like you're lying and you're hiding your wrist.

Brodey: It's a private thing. I can't tell you.

Kath: You're hurting about something and I can see it. You can tell me.

Brodey: Just bringing up something that ruined my past.

Kath: Can you say what it is? I want to try to help you out after you helped me.

Narrator: Brodey put his wrist on his lap and Kath looked at them and started crying. Brodey looked at her, with his eyes fulled with tears. He could tell she was pissed.

Kath: What happened to you?!

Brodey: Kath, I swear it's not what it looks like.

Kath: How long have you been doing this for?!

Brodey: I can explain.

Kath: Then do it!

Brodey: Okay fine. When I was younger, about 17. I was in a really bad state. No one was there for me. I was alone all of the time. I couldn't trust anyone, and still sometimes can't. I got into some bad stuff, like underage drinking, smoking, and cutting myself. My parents tried to get me too stop after they walked in on me cutting myself. There was blood on the floor, and on this pocket knife. I never really wanted to remove the blood of the knife because it reminds me never to do it again. I was one day smoking weed, drinking and cutting myself because I was not doing to good. I got into this heated fight with every person I talked to. That day, I cut too deep and started bleeding out. My parents walked in because I was screaming in pain. I can't really remember what happened after that, but I woke up in the ambulance. Doctors were yelling. I almost died that night. My heart nearly stopped. I was lucky that I made it. It took years of therapy, and I never told anyone in Click because I was too scared of what they would think. I could stop the therapy when I was 19. I never had those thought come back to me since that time. I was so upset that you never told me anything. You know I never tell anyone anything. I hated the pressure Marcus was putting on you to tell him. I almost snapped. I knew what was going on. We have the connection of cousins.

Kath: Brodey, you never told me any of this.I-

Brodey: You're the first person I've told.

Kath: How have you hid it for 3-5 years?

Brodey: I used makeup. I have woken up early just to get the chance to hide it.

Kath: What would you do if the rest of Click found out?

Brodey: I'm just going to wait for that time to come.

Kath: Can you please never do it again?

Brodey: I forgot how good it felt. Just once more?

Kath: No!!

Brodey: Please!! Just ONCE more?!

Kath: NO! You're killing yourself!

Narrator: Brodey opened up the bloody pocket knife and tried to get closer to his skin. Kath tried to keep it away from him. She yelled at him and the rest of the boys woke up from the yelling.

Kath: STOP!!! I CAN'T LET YOU NEARLY DIE AGAIN!!!

Brodey: I'M GOING TO BE FINE KATH!!! I DID IT LIKE 1,000 OTHER TIMES AND IT HAS ONLY HAPPENED ONCE!!

Kath: IT CAN HAPPEN AGAIN. I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!!

Narrator: Kath and Brodey started tackling each other. Nathan, Elliot and Lannan tried to stop the two from fighting.

Elliot: PLEASE!! Stop the fighting?!

Nathan: I don't see why you need to tackle each other!

Lannan: I have no idea what is going on?!

Narrator: Kath and Brodey kept fighting, until there was a pool of blood next to one of Brodey's wrist on the floor.