Chapter 9-Walking, Looking, Drinking and Crying

Kath: Mom?

Kath's Mom: Kath? Why are you here? It's pouring rain and the storm is in a few days. Why are you covered in blood?

Kath: I got beat up and I need a place to stay. I only have a few dollars and my phone is going to die.

Kath's Mom: I can't take you in too Kath. I'm so sorry. I already took in your brothers.

Kath: Mom, please. I have nowhere else to go.

Kath's Mom: Sweetie, I live in a small house. I can't take in all of you. You are all bigger than you used to be.

Kath: Mom, Please!!

Narrator: Kath's Mom shut the door and Kath cried as she walked off of the porch. She never saw any of her brothers in the house. She walked and cried over to the liquor store and asked the store clerk for some vodka.

Kath: Can I have two bottles of vodka?

Store Clerk: Can I please see your ID?

Kath: Sure, but make it quick.

Store Clerk: Are you trying to get away from the storm?

Kath: I'm not worried about it.

Narrator: Kath got here vodka in a paper bag and then got out of there. She went in a tree were she was going to hide. Meanwhile, Elliot stopped by her Mom's house.

Elliot: Have you seen Kath around here?

Kath's Mom: She came by earlier to ask for a place to stay but there was no room in our house.

Elliot: Do you have a idea where her dad is?

Kath's Mom: um...her dad died 2 days before she was born.

Elliot: OMG, I'm so sorry that I asked.

Kath's Mom: It's okay. I understand. I haven't seen here since she left. I saw her going left.

Elliot: Okay thanks.