Chapter 3 - Too Many

Sang

It's been a month since I have settled at Raven's. Today we were headed to a doctor for my baby. 

I hadn't want to before because of the Academy and my status as a Ghostbird. Raven and Corey convinced me when they pointed out that I was way too big to be only two months and a half pregnant. I had to do it for the baby. 

Now, Raven would pretend to be the father while Corey is my brother. It was the story they came up with. I was trying my best to not stress out. It wouldn't be good for the baby or babies as the case may be. 

"Breathe Sang. Calm down, we have taken all the necessary precautions," Corey told me as an attempt to keep me calm. 

I didn't want to yell at him, so I just grinded my teeth. Corey, haven't you learned never to tell a woman to calm down unless you want your ass kicked. It just annoys them and me more. 

Patiently, I waited in the waiting room, well not so patiently in fact. It felt like they took hours before calling our name.

A nurse came out, "Aria Smith." That was the name that Corey chose for me to put at this appointement. 

I got up with Corey and Raven to follow her. The nurse made small talk with Corey, but I was much too stressed to attempt anything. I followed the instructions of the nurse, but I wasn't really hearing her. 

That is probably why I literally jumped out of my seat when the nurse applied the cold gel to my stomach. I was not prepared and had been lost in my thoughts. 

The nurse reassured me, "Calm down, dearie. It will be over in a minute."

She continued her job with me looking on anxiously. The more the nurse's face grew shocked the more worried I grew. 

Finally, I exploded, "What's wrong?"

The nurse turned to me, face pale, "Well, dearie, it appears that you have several children in your stomach."

I ask, "Two?"

She shakes her head.

"Three?"

Still no.

"Four?"

Nope.

"Five?"

She still says no.

"Six?"

Another shake of the head.

"Eight?"

No.

"Nine?!"

Shake of the head

"TEN?!"

Finally, a nod of her head, "I am going to get the doctor. I am not equipped for this."

She quickly exits, leaving me in shock. I have ten little babies growing inside me. No wonder I am this big this early in the pregnancy. A doctor rushes in a little while later. He looks excited.

He tells me, "Hello, I am Doctor John. Your pregnancy is incredible. Having decuplets (10) is really rare. I am here to inform you the consequences of such a pregnancy. With you being so small, there is a high chance that one of the babies or you will die during birth. There is also a high chance that we will have to preform a C-section early in the pregnancy and keep them in a hospital the rest of the time they were supposed to spend in you."

I look at him, "What is the best option?"

Doc John looks over his paper, "There is a hospital in Germany which is specialized in this type of birth. They would accept you in about two weeks and keep you there for the full pregnancy. You would stay until the babies are stable and able to leave with you. You are about two months and a half pregnant. To be safe, you will most likely spend the next year there. Don't be mistaken, this is a very expensive place."

Raven grunts, "We pay."

Without further ado, the doctor spoke details with Corey and Raven. I was however slowly processing the information which has just been given to me. 

Ten babies, all mine. 

As we were leaving, I told the doc, "I am going to beat the odds. I'll send you a postcard of my ten babies and I."

Doctor John smiled, "I hope you do, Aria."

Corey, Raven and I return to their place in silence. I think all three of us need time to process what has happened. Once we are at the appartement, all of us collapse on the couch. If we were less in a state of shock, we would have noticed that there were two extra people in the room. But we didn't.

At least until one of them spoke up, "Sang?"

I jumped up, pulling a gun out of the couch cushions and pointing it at the man, "Who are you?"

The man put his hands up, "Brandon, this is Axel and Marc. We are a part of the Toma Team with Raven."

I look at Raven for reassurance which he gives. I lower my gun, but don't let it go. I am still on my guard. Raven might trust them, but they are Academy and I do not trust Academy.

Axel glares at Raven and Corey, "When were you two going to tell your team that you were hiding Sang?"

I defend them, "It's my fault, not theirs. I no longer trust Academy and you are the Academy."

Marc cocks his head to the side, "But didn't the Academy save you from your unfortunate home situation?"

I retort, "The Academy took me from my family and threatened to kill me."

Marc looks taken aback, but Brandon shoots back, "You don't know the Academy that well."

I glare at him, "I know that Dr. Roberts is the Academy. I know the look in his eye when he told me if I were to return to the Blackbourne Team, they would kill me and my unborn children."

Now, Brandon looks shocked, but Axel is skeptical, "Why would we believe you?"

I laugh bitterly, "I've been through a lot of shit in my life. I was punished by my stepmother with techniques better suited to torture. The year I spent with the Blackbourne Team was the best of my life. Until it was ruined by Volto. I woke up with amnesia, only to slowly remember my past. I was left behind and betrayed by those I loved. I would return to them any day and forgive them, but I am not willing to kill my children. You don't have to trust me, I don't trust you."

Now, all three of them are at a loss for words and Raven says, "Little Bird can shut up."

Brandon corrects him, "Little Bird can shut us up."

Like usual, Raven dismisses it, "Da. Same."

I speak up, "Axel, Marc, Brandon, I mean no disrespect, but I would prefer a moment alone with Raven and Corey."

Corey looks at me, "You can trust our team, Sang. Anything you want to tell us you can tell them."

I sigh, "Fine. The place in Germany can take me in two weeks. I think this is a good idea, it will keep me away from the Academy for a year. After that, I will go travelling around."

Raven frowns, "Why don't you come back here?"

I shake my head, "Too dangerous. When the Academy threatened me, they didn't mention whether or not if the Blackbourne Team found me, the threat would apply. I must keep moving. Don't worry about me. I am also leaving hints for my family, so if they find me like that, they would understand."

Axel nods in understanding, "I get it, Sang. We will support you in whatever your decision is."

I smile, "Thank you Axel, Raven and Corey. In two weeks, I will be gone. Here I will give you the next hint for my family."

Axel took it and tucked it into his pocket without looking. This one said :

I have been fighting to survive since I was a child.

I'm not a survivor,

I'm a fucking warrior.

They weren't really riddles, just hints to show that they were on the right track. I wanted my family to find me, but I couldn't afford too.

I am the Rogue Ghostbird.

***

Word Count : 1288