Chapter 8 - Hospital

Melody

Once we arrived at the private airfield owned by Uncle Aleksandr, all ten of us quickly got off the plane. Mom had given us a map of Charleston if we ever happened upon the town where our fathers live. 

We wanted to meet Raven at the hospital to be able to pay a little visit to Dr. Roberts. It was just Academy members only hospital, so weapons were not allowed technically. But people never check kids for them. 

With an air of grim determination, we had a chauffeur drive us to the hospital. Uncle Aleksandr provided one initial ride with one of his guys. He was our pseudo father with Alec since we never met ours. Mom tells a lot of stories about the year she spent with them. 

I also have ever intention of making sure this Dr. Roberts feels a fraction of the pain he caused Mom. He might only be the messenger, but he has brought the fury of the Sorenson family down on him. If he was in Russia, there would be a line of people who love Sang from the mafia willing to kill him. 

When we arrived at the hospital, Raven wasn't outside. Good, easier to complete our plan. Like a well-oiled machine, we moved as one as we entered the hospital. 

Vincent was really good with computers and shut off the cameras by putting them in a loop. We are all ghosts and we would like to keep it that way.

A nurse stopped and asked us, "What are you doing here, dearies?"

I smile innocently at her, "Do you know where Dr. Roberts is? I really need to talk to him."

"Sure, dearie. I will go get him," she assured me. Adults are so gullible. I mean don't you want to know why there are a bunch of children crowding your hospital. It is supposed to be a protected hospital. 

I heard Dr. Roberts arrive and gasp at our appearance, "Sang?"

I walked up to him and slapped him. Noah and Samuel came up behind me and each delivered a punch to his face. They definitely broke his nose. Not sorry.

The nurse yelled out, "Detain these children!"

Several bulky men came out, but they had no weapons. Out of nowhere, in sync, all ten of us pull out our various guns. I am pretty sure I saw Noah pull out an assault rifle. Where did we hide that thing?

Everyone freezes as they see our guns. I am sure they never saw that coming. No one moves because they think we are insane and won't hesitate to shoot. They are right, we will shoot them, just somewhere not lethal.

Dr. Roberts looked at us from his sitting position on the floor, "Who are you?"

I stood strong with my brothers, "I am the daughter of one you have once wronged, I am the daughter of Sang Sorenson. You forced her to abandon her family, her loves in the name of her unborn children. You, the Academy are the monsters here. You forced unborn children into a situation where they would die. If the Russian mafia hadn't saved us, we would have."

Oliver spoke to the crowd, making people sympathetic, "Over seven years ago, your dearest Dr. Roberts informed my mother that she had two choices leave or be killed. We are here to inform you that our mother has been kidnapped and we seek vengeance."

It was at that moment when two separate groups of people stormed the waiting room of the hospital. One I didn't know came from inside and the other was the Toma Team coming to our rescue.

The unknown Team came at us guns pointed, but we did not back down. I was not sorry for my actions. If I had it my way, all of the Academy Council would be put through the pain my mother and us have suffered. The Toma Team, including Raven, stood by us.