Chapter 15 - Mama Bear

Thanks to KatN68 for the chapter title and for EmileeMonroe for her comment.

Sang

I look at all of my men and ask them, "Where are my children?"

They weren't in the house. If they were, they would be at my side. That is what happened every time I got injured, all my babies would wait around me to assure I was okay. If they weren't here, something happened to them. 

"Well!" I cross my arms as the nine men in front of me look at each other nervously.

If I wasn't in Mama Bear mode, I would take a moment to appreciate my men. It has been more than ten years since I have seen them. They hadn't changed at all, but were matured versions of the men I remembered. Damn, they were fine as hell if you don't mind me saying!

Owen played with his classes while Kota was counting. Luke was caught in a daydream and no one would look at me in the eyes. It must be bad if no one wants to fess up. I attempted to get up, but groan at the pain the simple mouvement caused.

Sean goes into doctor mode, "Pookie, you are on bed rest! You can't get up. You just nearly died from blood loss and are recovering from multiple wounds. Stay down!"

I give him an are-you-kidding-me look and push myself the rest of the way up, "Where are my children?"

Gabriel shoved Kota forward like if he was a sacrificial lamb. I don't blame them. I've scared mob bosses before. These were my boys and they were right to be scared of me if they lost my babies.

Kota rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, Ten, this morning we had a meeting with Dr. Roberts to confirm our resignation from the Academy."

I hold up a hand, "Start from when you met my children." 

Gabriel started, "Well, it all started at the Academy hospital. We were at a meeting with Dr. Roberts about our next mission. A friendly nurse came in and told Dr. Roberts that there was a big group of children asking for him. He left and we waited a while. He took too long, so we went to investigate. Your children were holding the waiting room hostage. According to your children which they explained later, they had planned to meet the Toma Team there, but decided to pay back Dr. Roberts for the pain he caused you."

I chuckle, "Those are my kids."

Kota picks up the story, "They had guns out and blazing. We stormed the room with guns and the Toma Team rushed in. Melody was telling the truth of the Academy to anyone who listened. The Toma Team had been blocking them from view, but the moment we saw them, it was clear they were ours. Owen retired us from the Academy and went home to go talk to our kids."

Owen continues, "They told us the story and went to bed. The next morning we went to Dr. Roberts to get information on Volto and you. We left the kids alone. When we came back, they were gone with signs of a struggle. You can watch the video feeds. Fifteen men came in. They killed four of them and injured the other nine. It was impressive. The kidnappers let slip that Volto wanted them."

Silas finishes, "We were finished checking out the damages when you showed up, aggele mou. Sean had to preform emergency surgery on you and we were debating how to go about this when you woke up."

"Ok," I told them, "Now for my part of the story."

Nathan replied, "It would help to find OUR children."

I flash him a sarcastic smile, "So, I got kidnapped in Russia. I was fighting Volto when a second man knocked me out. I came to in a base with only my ankles chained. I talked to Volto where he threatened my children and mentioned something about Chicago. I had hidden some tools and got out. Killed two men and injured a bunch of others to get out. I remembered the address of what was supposed to be our house. I drove here to protect MY children."

Sean asks, "Where were you located when you escaped?"

I shake my head, "A warehouse at Morris Island."

Kota reached for his phone, but I waved him off, "He will have moved by the time we get there. There is no point."

Owen frowned and played with his tie, "Where are they?"

I glare at them, "I might have an idea. But why should I tell you? YOU guys are the ones to who I trusted my precious babies to. What did you do? You LOST them!"

Victor attempts to defend himself, "It wasn't our fau-"

I cut him off with a look, "I keep Volto off their backs for ten years. I go through a lot of shit. You have them for what? Two days and they get kidnapped! You are all incapable idiots!"

"Yes we are," agreed Owen. 

That took the wind out of my sails a little. I hadn't seen this reaction coming. I chose to ignore his half-apology and continue yelling at them.

"You are idiots!" I yell, "Can't trust you to keep a fish alive, much less ten children. They all act tough, but life has been hard. You ALL blindly trusted the Academy. Not once, not a single time, have you checked on me!"

Kota interrupts, "You are wrong there, Sang! We did go after you. We forced Dr. Roberts to tell us you ran off. We have been looking for signs of your presence ever since. Sang, we never stopped."

I am slightly stumped. The events of the past three days just hit me all at once and I stumble. North catches me before I fall. I clutch his shirt, a wave of nostalgia hits me as I remember when I met them. Ashley Waters High school, what a nightmare!

I burst into tears as my predicament sets in. My babies are kidnapped by my worst nightmare. I had been through worst in Russia, but being around me men made me vulnerable again. I sob into North's shirt as he whispers comforting words in Greek.

A while later, I recover my composure and become embarrassed of my current situation. Nothing can be done now. Doesn't stop my face from turning bright red though as I hide my face in the crook of his neck. North chuckles and I feel the vibrations through out his body.

Owen gently asks me, "Where are OUR children?"

"Chicago," I tell him, "And since when did you abandon the formalities, Mr. Blackbourne?"

He gives me a rare half-smile, "Ever since you left."

I joke, "Seems me leaving changed a lot of things."

The mood becomes serious and Kota questions me, "Why Chicago?"

I explained, "I lived there before and Volto said exactly, 'Do your children know about Chicago I wonder?' He is going to bring them there. This is all a game to him remember." 

"How are we going to find them? Chicago is huge and hostile to outsiders," lamented Gabriel. 

I lift my head and smirk, "It's time to pay Rocky a visit." 

***

Word Count : 1217