Chapter 5 - Russia

Sang

I have been here for six years. My lovely children have grown up in peace or mostly peace. I had to move a couple of times when the Academy got too close. They have branches everywhere in the world. I am very precious to them because to my knowledge, I am one of two Ghostbirds in the world. Well, all my babies are ghostbirds too. I never wanted to check them into the government because I don't want the Academy to track us down.

"Mommy!" yelled my little ones in chorus. Just when I managed to get a moment to myself, I have to go tend to my babies. They are nearly seven years old in two weeks, but they are all prodigies just like their fathers. It was quite a shock to me when they grew up that all of them were the spitting images of my family. With Melody, it is almost like seeing a reflection of myself with the boys.

Melody, my only daughter, was on the weaker side. She had less space in my body, so she is like me in body shape. Noah, Samuel and Neal however like their fathers, North, Silas, and Nathan were bulky. They looked like they were nine when they were about to turn seven.

Sadly, for them, I had to ruin their innocent views on the world early. They know about the Academy, their fathers and Volto. I told them everything, seeing no point to hide. I mean we live in the middle of the Russian mafia. Agatha's child, Alexei, has already killed someone at seven years old. A lot of people are out to get them, so even the children are prepared.

I still talk to Raven and the Toma Team every once in a while. They just know that I am safe, not that I am with the Russian mafia. I know that Raven had some problems with them back in the day, so I prefer to keep quiet about my current residence.

I have had no contact from my boys, the Academy or Volto. I have a nonexistent life outside of my children. All ten of them keep me pretty busy. 

"MOM!" called the distinctive voice of Oliver, Owen's son.

I went into their rooms which they share. Every since birth, all nine of the boys shared a room. Melody has her own or she sleeps with me. It is not like I bring any guys home. 

"What is it sweetie?" I ask him when kneeling down in front to be at his level.

"Leif is going to prank the visiting Mafia leaders," tattled Oliver. He was so much like Owen. He wears classes and always is dressed nicely. He is the sort of leader in my boys. Leif is like Luke, always pranking them.

"Thanks for telling me, Oliver. Where is Noah? He usually stops them," I ask. Noah like North, his father, was always stopping Leif from doing too much. Pranking mafia leaders is too much. 

Samuel, Silas' son, reported, "Dallas is distracting Noah." Dallas is like Dakota, he is responsible, but enjoys playing pranks on people as well. 

"How is helping them prank the poor men?" I questioned my boys.

Oliver shrugged, "Dallas, Gale, Sebastian, and Vincent are helping Leif. Neil hasn't done anything. He is at the gym I think with Alexei."

Gale was Gabriel's son and had his obsession with clothes. Sebastian was Sean's kid and was just as flirty. He already is a nurse out of necessity. 

I am actually an active Rogue Ghostbird. I help people like the Academy without the corruption. If I find a good Academy team in need of help, I intervene or I do my own missions. The Academy as well as other organizations want to recruit me. My job has made it so occasionally I came home beaten or shot.

Vincent was Victor's son and also a piano prodigy. However unlike his father, I never forced him to do concerts. He enjoyed his share of fun that Leif dragged them into. Leif like Luke was a bundle of sunshine and found joy in everything.