Chapter 14 - Healing

Sean

I catch Sang as she passes out from blood loss. I carry her over to the dining room table and lie her down. I strip off her shirt to take a look at her injuries. There is a knife sticking out of her abdomen and a gun shot wound on her shoulder. I decide to take care of her gunshot wound first. 

I order anyone, "Get me the first aid kit. Someone else get me some water, cold and boiling. I need a needle. Does anyone have any morphine? I need someone to hold her down as I do this." 

Like a well-oiled machine, my team responds. Gabriel runs to get the kit. Luke goes to take care of the water. Owen goes to get the needle and morphine. North and Silas are holding Pookie down. They all return seconds later and I get to work. My brothers look on anxiously as I work on the love of our life.  

"Hurry up!" yelled North.  

He gets mad when people he loves are hurt, I am used to it. It is how he expresses that he cares. As soon as I finished stitching up her gun shot wound, I moved on to the stab wound. Everyone watches avidly. I beckon Nathan to come closer. 

I tell Nathan, "Pull out the knife quickly." 

He complies and I hurriedly block the blood. Sang starts convulsing and I have the others hold her down. I sew her wound up and put her morphine in her. She stops convulsing. The amount of morphine I gave her should make her sleep the night before waking up again. I know mothers and as soon as we inform her that her children are gone, she is going to push herself. I will let her rest for twelve hours before letting her off. 

I turn to Owen, "What are we going to do?" 

Kota answers instead, "We have to tell Ten . . . I mean Sang, as soon as she wakes up. If we don't, she will kill us." 

Gabriel adds, "Or get her mafia friends to do it for her." 

I glare at him, "Not helpful." 

Owen asked, "What are her injuries, Sean?" 

I explain, "She had a gun shot wound in her shoulder, a stab wound in her stomach, scrapes on her feet, long scratches on her arms and legs. She should heal easily, so it is fine. There will be scars." 

North questions, "Sang baby will be fine though?"

"Yes," I answer. 

"Good," comments Nathan. 

Kota adds, "How are we going to go about telling her?" 

Owen messes with his tie, "One of us should go and tell her straight away. She might know where Volto would be keeping them." 

Sang moved and we all turned to stare at her while she settled back to sleep.

Gabriel whistled, "She is going to give us hell the moment she wakes." 

I see Owen smile, "Would we have it any other way?" 

North grunts, retreating back into his grumpiness shell. With all the commotion, I had forgotten about Phil's betrayal. Thinking about it, my smile falls from my face. 

Luke pokes me, "What are you thinking about?" 

I smile sadly, "Dr. Roberts." 

Luke nods knowingly, "The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." 

Luke can be playful and not pay attention, but turn around and pull something like that. It is shocker to see him give some good therapeutic advice. I mean like damn, that was deep. 

Luke then proceeded to walk off and into the kitchen. He returned a short while later, grinning. He passed behind me and put a bar of chocolate into my hand. 

I raised my eyebrows in question and his grin became bigger if possible, "It always makes me feel better to have some." 

I smile and discreetly eat some, "So good." 

At this point, North is staring holes in both Luke and I. I grin in his direction and he stalks towards up. Luke looks at me accusingly. 

North's voice booms, "Luke, give up the chocolate." 

"Never!" he replies as he takes off for another room with North in hot pursuit. I burst out laughing and stuff the rest of the chocolate in my mouth. 

Owen looks at me disapprovingly, "I assume that North will find no chocolate on Luke because you have it." 

I smile again, "Well, now neither North and neither Luke can have the chocolate, it's in my stomach." 

Kota chuckled, "I believe that North will find that out in five, four, three, two, one." 

"WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHOCOLATE?" yells North. 

I start laughing as a pouting Luke enters the room followed by a victorious looking North. I tilt my head to the side in a silent question. 

Luke tells me, "North threw away one of my other stashes. Where did you put what I gave you?" 

I pat my stomach in response and North looks murderous, "You shouldn't even that much sugar." 

I try to placate him, "I'll eat a salad for dinner." 

Sang makes another noise and we all turn to look at her.  

I frown, "She should be out until tomorrow morning."

Owen comments, "She spent the last seven years with the Russian mafia. They have the habit to attempt to build up their immunity system against certain drugs. Like a vaccine. Sang could very well have done that." 

I gulp, "That means she will wake up sooner than expected. As her doctor, I need her to rest." 

Victor finishes my thought, "The moment she knows our kids are missing, there is no chance she will." 

Gabriel mutters, "Damn, she is going to go in a mad momma bear mode on us. Shit!"  

Sang makes another noise, but doesn't settle back down. She's waking up. Her fingers wiggle and her toes. I see her mumbling stuff to herself which sounds like Russian words. Most likely curse words. 

I mumble, "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." 

Sang starts to move her arms and her legs. She props herself up on the table to be able to turn and look at us. Pookie looks at each of us scathingly and says, "Where are my children?" 

Oh, shit. 

***

Word Count : 1041