WORDS

"I was looking for you, you said you would be at my table!" Tyler pouted like a kid who was denied his candy.

Instantly, the guilt that was surpressed hit me back ten times harder.

"Sorry I-"

"Its not her fault, I asked her to join me and I wasn't aware. We cool bro?" Dustin held out his fist.

"Only if we have a Call Of Duty rematch so I can reclaim my champion player status." Tyler bargained with a serious face.

"Deal."

Both guys bumped their fists, proceeding to laugh it off and a huge weight immediately lifted off my chest.

"Don't think I've forgiven you yet pesto." Tyler turned to me with a feigned stern expression.

"I'll make it up to you." I offered a small smile.

"Great, you will be coming to all of our games to cheer me on."

"That's too much...I'll go to one." I had never been to any sport games, mainly because I had no one to go with and I wasn't interested in those type of event.

"Fine, come to the finals, but you also have to attend the after party." Tyler stated in a finalised tone.

"How are you so sure our school is going to win?" I asked.

Jordan scoffed loudly and even Dustin laughed as he shook his head. "We always do pesto." Tyler proclaimed confidently.

I sighed but relented since he didn't look like he would take no for an answer.

The warning bell rang and I was prepared to leave for my next class when Tyler stopped me.

"You're having psychology next right?"

"Right..."

"Jordan's heading to the same class! Yo, be a man and escort our lady here would ya?" Tyler stated, slapping him hard on his back.

Fighting the urge to yell out in objection, I managed a stiff wave at Dustin and Tyler before following Jordan, who was already way ahead of me.

I trailed slowly behind him, the only sounds in this secluded hallway were from our shoes as it hit the linoleum floor.

When I thought it couldn't get any more awkward, Jordan halted in his tracks abruptly.

"Could you go any slower?"

"You don't have to wait for me, I don't need an escort."

He was silent for a moment, then turned back and stomped my way, his eyes looked like they were shooting laser at me.

Not stopping at a reasonable amount of distance like I thought he would, he pushed past boundaries and got all right up in my personal space.

I stood my ground, not moving an inch even when my nose was almost touching his clothed chest.

"Why do you have to be such a bitch to everyone? Do you think you are better than everybody else?" He gritted the words out.

I was beyond furious at this point, I had done nothing to this guy and had even tried being civil but all I received was the brutal end of his seemingly personal wrath towards me.

Hardening my gaze, I tilted my head up to meet his fury filled eyes, our faces now impossibly closer.

"Speak for yourself, who has been nothing short of rude and oh, is terrorizing another student right now?" I sneered, sick of playing the act nice and ignore him card.

"I know people like you, acting all snobby and thinking every fucking human should bow down to you." He said, staring me down with a ferocious intensity.

"And you are sure I am someone like that because what? Rumours has it? Just because something is publicised a certain way doesn't mean its true, just because my parents have more money doesn't make me feel any more superior. You should know better than to believe what's passed around among people like us."

I was panting slightly by the end of my mini rant, all the unheard and pent up frustrations and anger I had kept bottled in were threatening to spill out.

Internally, I was having a major freakout session. It was so out of character for me to lose control and almost snap, but then again, Jordan Chandler had proved to be an expert in bringing out my worst side.

His eyes were still locked onto mine and up close, they weren't entirely charcoal black like I'd initially thought, the black irises dissolved into a muddy brown rim at the edges to give it a gradient-like effect.

Of course, every detail about him had to be so darkly enchanting, just one glimpse would have you absolutely hooked. And I was struggling, really struggling to keep myself from tumbling into his seemingly endless abyss of gloominess.

The air around us was thick, palpable tension at an all time high as our heat filled staredown ensued.

His gaze was penetrating, trying to break my walls and get me to succumb to defeat.

What he didn't know though, was that there were no walls to break, I barely had the strength to keep up my facade of looking put together let alone having enough to build any sort of defences.

"Stop listening to what isn't true and stop trying so hard to find the fault in others. Maybe then, you can be happier." I said softly, breaking the silence.

As I turned to leave for class, Jordan spoke, a hint of accusation lacing his words.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? Who are you to say I'm not happy?"

Peering at his darkened expression from over my shoulder, my eyes connected directly with his, which were boring into mine.

"Happy people wouldn't try to make others miserable." I stated matter-of-factly.

He frowned for a fraction of a second before a smirk appeared on his face, lips curved upwards as he uttered "At least I have friends, people who are willing to be unhappy alongside me."

Pausing for dramatic effect, he then asked in a mocking tone. "Do you?"

Words like these were meant to hurt, but not when you hear it every single day like a song on loop. 

Out of habit, I dug my nails deep into my right palm, allowing the pain to act as my anchor.

With an astonishingly steady voice, I responded, "Of course not. Weak girls can't have any."

Sorry for the mini hiatus but there was alot going on for me, university applications, learning to drive and just a ton of other stuffs.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed this update and I know the story is going really slow at the moment but I want to set everything right first at a realistic pace.

Don't worry, the pace is gona pick up after this, I just want yall to see how much tension and ill feelings Jordan has towards Lia. We all love a passionate and hot hate at first sight story right?

COMMENT AND VOTE for a quicker update next heh<33

xoxo
xuan