GIRLFRIEND

I glanced around the classroom and sighed in exasperation, it had been slightly over an hour and I was not any closer to finishing the task than when I had first started.

A seemingly endless amount of chairs were still stacked all over the room and as I struggled to detach 3 chairs from a stack, I tried to not dwell on how I had to carry them two levels down and pass three hallways before finally reaching the ballroom for the umpteenth time today.

Lifting up the now detached chairs, I trudged towards the door and gave it a real hard kick since it wasn't opened wide enough for me to be able to get through.

"Ow! Fuck..."

"Jordan?...what-why are you up here?" Setting the chairs aside, I went up to him and winced internally at the faintly forming bruise on his forehead.

"Why the fuck did you do that..." He grumbled, gently touching the bruise.

"I was trying to open the door, what are you doing here anyways? Were you following me?"

"Isn't that obvious?" Barging past the door frame, he sauntered into the classroom whilst continuing to rub at his forehead.

"Just so you know, I'm really busy right now."

"Doesn't seem like it." He retorted as he leaned against the back of a misplaced chair.

"Believe me, I definitely am if I have..." I gestured around the room. "...just about a bazillion chairs waiting to be moved to the ballroom."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"I wish I was kidding." I muttered, lifting up the trio of chairs waiting by the door and padded out of the room, determined to get as much done as possible.

Behind me, I heard Jordan following but before I could tell him to stop what he was doing, he had snatched the chairs from my hands and stalked off without another word.

"Wh-...Hey! Jordan, give it back!" I yelled, scampering after him to keep up with his hastened pace.

"Are you an idiot?" He snarked, halting abruptly and producing a loud noise as he practically slammed the chairs onto the floor with unnecessary force.

I frowned, "What kind of a-...nevermind, I don't have the time for this."

Just as I was about to lift up the chairs again however, Jordan pinned them down with his right hand.

"Because only an idiot would agree to do this. All. By. Herself." His mouth twisted with obvious displeasure.

"Even if I am, why are you mad?" I rested one arm on my hip. "It certainly isn't a crime for me to be an idiot who is moving the chairs. All. By. Herself."

I was sweaty, my hair was a mess with several strands sticking to my neck and even though his withering stare was not helping the situation, I was not going to step back and bask in his nonsensical fury.

After a few moments of silence, he turned away with a visibly tensed jaw and simply flounced off with an effortless carry of the chairs.