PARTY

Two weeks flew by, with me neck-deep in assignments and tests. My daily after school routine consisted of homework, dinner and shower, and even more homework before going to bed.

This friday evening was a change from my mundane one, since I had already finished my work and prepared for the upcoming quizzes, I had the luxury of having some time to myself.

Or so I thought.

I was perched on a swinging chair in the back garden, reading a book in the company of constant swooshing sounds emanating from the man made waterfall, when the speaker mounted to the wall beside me crackled with mum's voice.

We have many speakers planted strategically across our mansion, this made it easier for us to locate each other since the wireless system was also connected to our phones.

"Sweetheart where are you?"

"Out in the garden, mom." I yelled back since I was too lazy to shift from my comfortable position.

"Come back inside and start getting ready, we're heading to a celebratory party in an hour." Mother instructed.

I gave her a quick response before gathering my book and headed in the direction of the nearest parked 'carriage', deciding against walking back as that would take me at least 15 minutes.

The 'carriage' was actually a nickname dad came up with for the autonomous vehicles we have laying all over the outdoor property of our house, used for transporting us around my family's 15 acres land

Setting the destination as the east wing entrance by the house, the closest way to my room, I relaxed against the soft cushion seat and reopened my book to the folded page.

"You look stunning my dear." Mother cooed, something she rarely did.

I gave her a tiny smile as I descended the last step, the laced bottom of my Alexander Mcqueen dress nearly brushing the ground.

The dress had a sweetheart neckline with a spaghetti thin strap on one shoulder, tight around my bodice but flared out from the waist down with intricately sewn-on floral designs.

Anna — my hair stylist, had put my hair up into a simple classic bun with a few curled pieces to frame my face whilst Mica — my makeup artist, went light on the makeup with only a sweep of blush and a coat of glittery lip gloss

My outfit was then completed with a pearl jewellery set, a plain white clutch and a pair of white kitten heels.

This might all sound over the top for just a party but appearance do matter in an aristocratic society, it represents the wealth and status of one's family name.

We all piled into the black lamborghini already waiting outside and I found out from my father that this party was hosted by John Callaway, to further strengthen ties with his business partners.

Grandpa's company, which would soon be taken over by father, had also recently signed a contract with Callaway Communications.

My first time attending such an event was at the age of 10, where I quickly learned it wasn't how I pictured in my young and naive mind.

Instead, it was just an opportunity for people to one up each other and look out for potential suitors for their children. It may come across as a shock but arranged marriages were still very much prevalent among aristocrats, who view this as a chance to expand their social and financial gains.

My thoughts were cut short when our vehicle pulled to a stop infront of a hotel, after thanking the chauffeur, I followed behind my parents who were being escorted inside by a doorman.

Eventually, we arrived at a large ballroom filled with tons of people, some slow dancing on the dance floor to a classical music playing in the background as others mingled around.

Like usual, I was first introduced to the host — a stout man in his late fifties, before being dismissed to enjoy the party.

Truthfully speaking, I preferred sticking to my parents and listen to the adults discuss boring business than strolling around aimlessly for the next few hours.

A server balancing a tray of wine glasses strided by and I grabbed one to sip on as I headed to the dessert table.

Upon retrieving a white plate, I piled on an assortment of sweet treats before locating a secluded two seater table close to an emergency exit door.

From where I was seated, the main entrance of the ballroom was in my direct line of vision, allowing me to catch glimpses of those who entered.

Right then, a group of 5 teenagers sauntered in like they owned the place, with Jordan leading the pack.

I didn't recognised any of the guys except for Tyler, who was chatting animatedly to his blonde haired friend.

The way they carried themselves demanded attention, which they definitely got, seeing as how almost every single head they passed turned to give them a sideway glance.

It wasn't surprising that they too were invited, I was already expecting to bump into a few familiar faces or people from school.

I debated on saying hi to Tyler, feeling guilty for avoiding him in school unless I absolutely had to talk to him, which were during lessons we shared. Even then, I kept the interactions as succinct as possible.

Deep down, I knew it was unfair of me to include Tyler into my plan of staying away from Jordan since he had been nothing short of friendly. But the two were basically two peas in a pot, rarely seen without the other.

Deciding it was best to avoid all of them for the night, to save myself from any trouble, I stood up to use the restroom.

At about halfway to the door, an arm shot out of nowhere, blocking my path and almost causing me to scream out in shock.

"Care to join me for a dance?"

WHO do you guys think asked Lia for a dance? Lemme know🤔

BY THE WAY, do you guys want me to release a cast for the characters or a character aesthetics? I know some of you might want to picture the characters a certain way but I am down for it if alot of you would rather I choose a cast:)

Before you leave, VOTE & COMMENT to show your LOVE<33

xoxo
xuan