DYNAMIC

"Wassup my man?" Tyler called out, walking forward and slapping Jordan playfully on his back.

The latter didn't respond, simply tilted his head in the direction leading to the school's side entrance, not acknowledging my presence.

Tyler seemed to understood what he meant as he turned back to wave at me, "Alright, I'll see you soon pesto!", his usual cheery grin bright enough for me to overlook the brooding statue next to him.

I waved back, "Of course, bye Tyler."

"It feels like I haven't seen you in years." Dustin said, propping his head on top of my locker door.

"Football season has been crazy huh." I remarked, diverting my attention away from rearranging my books to toss him a quick smile.

"One hell of a crazy ride." he agreed, "I'm so relieved its finally over and winter break is coming soon."

"Don't relax just yet, we still have exams before the semester is over." I reminded him.

"Dear dear Ana, you need to unwind and relax a little. Life's too short to be worrying all the time."

Shutting my locker door, I turned to him with an indignant expression. "I do. I like to read and...eat good food."

His eyes lit up at the mention of the latter and excitedly suggested "Hey! Why don't we go out for lunch today? I know of a place that serves really good pasta."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean are we even allowed to go out for lunch?" I asked hesitantly.

"We're definitely allowed to! Come on Ana it would be fun and a nice change from our usual cafeteria food." Dustin persuaded.

I bit my lip and casted my eyes to the side to avoid his coaxing gaze, silently contemplating whether I should agree.

Yes, he was certainly someone I was comfortable with and could be myself around, but going to have lunch together outside of the school compound was taking it all to another level.

Us two. Alone. Fun? Intimidating was more of what I was thinking. Its actually saddening to think that one could be scared of going to lunch with a friend, this should be a normal thing one did without any second thoughts, much less being fearful of it.

"Come on Ana, we haven't got all day, only 50 minutes of lunch period left."

Oddly enough, this was just what I needed to hear, the final push to get me rolling. "Okay, let's go."

Hopefully, I made the right decision this time.

"Welcome to Gemma's Garden! Table for two?" A middle aged waitress greeted us as soon as we stepped foot inside the dainty looking restaurant secludedly located at the end of a dead-end street.

"Yes please." Dustin replied.

"Alright lovelies, follow me!" The lady chirped, it seemed as if her entire body was overflowing with an abundance of energy, there was even a bounce in her step.