DANCE

"Maybe another time." I replied politely.

Unfazed, the guy took another step towards me and bend his face down closer to mine.

"You don't even have a minute to spare for the host of this party?" He asked, tilting his head in an almost mocking manner.

His condescending demeanour made me want to slap the rudeness out of him and teach the guy some proper manners. Sadly, I could do none of that.

"Of course, just one dance." I gritted the words out with a tight lipped smile.

Satisfied, he took a hold of my hand and tugged me right towards the center of the dance floor.

Wasting no time, the guy placed one of his hand on my waist and pulled my body closer to his.

"So, what's your name?" He asked as both of us swayed gently to the flowing melody.

"Liana." I replied tersely, not in the mood for any casual chit chat.

"I'm Christopher, but a pretty girl like you can call me Chris." He winked.

Fighting the urge to grimace, I forced another smile and kept my eyes trained everywhere but on Christopher's face.

"Who are your parents?"  He asked, apparently not sensing my reluctance to hold a conversation.

"Francesca and Damien Harrington."

"Ahh...dad's newest ally...you know what surprises me most?"

I ignored his question, hoping he would take the hint and keep his mouth shut. No such luck of course.

"That you aren't as bad as I thought, with all the things people are saying, it isn't a surprise they think you resemble a female version of Shrek." Christopher chuckled.

"Don't worry babe, you're far from being a shrek, especially with a face and body like yours..." His hand that was on my waist then moved to my lower back, slowly rubbing it up and down.

My heart started beating faster and panic settled in when I felt his hand trailing lower, inching closer to my rear end.

Instinctively, I grabbed his wandering hand and swatted it away. "Do not touch me."

"Do you think you're too good to be touched? Drop the innocent act babe, you know you want it." Christopher scoffed and in one swift pull, slammed my body against his.

"Let go of me!" I hissed, both hands pushing against his chest.

At that moment, my gaze locked with Jordan's, who was idly standing next to a potted plant away from the crowd.

He stared as I continued to struggle, like a butcher watching the chicken flailing around wildly under the tip of his knife.

"Afterall, I'm the only one willing to touch you like this." Christopher muttered, his words sending an ice cold shiver down my spine.

As if to prove his point, he then dropped his hand to my hips and tugged hard towards him.

Still holding Jordan's gaze, my eyes widened at the unexpected move and my entire body froze.

My mind seemed to have switched to auto pilot mode since all I could register was the searing burn on my hip bone and the penetrating stare from Jordan.

After what felt like an eternity, his eyes shifted to Christopher and back to me before breaking our gaze and turning to walk away.

Seeing Jordan's turned back and retreating shadow snapped me out of my stupor state, giving me the strength and adrenaline to stomp my heels on Christopher's toes.

He let go of me immediately, cursing out incessantly as he held his right foot.

For good measure, I stomped on his left foot, pushed the pathetic excuse for a human to the ground and ran out of there like my dress was on fire.

I had no idea where I was heading, I just wanted to get as far away as possible from everyone.

My laboured breathing could probably be heard from ten miles away as I padded past empty hallways, desperate to find a secluded corner where I could safely hide away.

Bursting through yet another glass door, I found myself outdoors in a garden, no one in sight except for a few lingering dragonflies.

Collapsing on the cobbled pathway, I sank further into myself, wishing I could disappear along with every strangled sob I tried to suppress.

Digging my nails into my right palm, I brought the other trembling hand to my face, blindly wiping at the few fallen tears.

His nonchalant stare, the haunting words and the revolting feeling of the hand on my butt. The scenes alternating like a television screen switching from one channel to the next.

Each image imprinting deep into my mind, scathing my soul to the possible brink of insanity.

Eventually, it all dwindled down to nothing more than a constant buzz in my head, leaving me drained and more alone than ever.

No words could describe the helplessness I felt in that horrible moment and even now, as I recalled him walking away.

It wasn't about who he was but rather, the act itself, seeing someone turn their back on you knowing full well you were pleading for help.

That triggered a flow of unpleasant memories I wanted to keep locked away, the familiar sense of betrayal creeping back in.

Like an old wound reopened, the overwhelming pain soon came and I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing for the pain to miraculously lessen.

Unaware of the rough pebbles piercing my knees, I stayed there till I could finally hear my heart beat rhythmically in my chest.

Looking up at the starless night sky, I felt pieces of myself slowly coming back together.

In the darkness, I found ephemeral peace, the closest form of solace I could have.

A few quiet moments went by, before the sounds of approaching footsteps disrupted the otherwise silent night.

Not having the energy to look away from my source of solace, I paid no mind to whoever it was.

The person stopped for a while, before proceeding to head closer towards where I was with not a single miscalculated beat.

Stopping a few feet away from me, the person paused before uttering "Didn't know you like sitting on dirty grounds."

WHAT. A. JERK.
JORDAN IS A JERK.
JERK IS FOR JORDAN.

Poor Lia😭😭😭

Thoughts on this chappie?

VOTE & COMMENT to show your LOVE<33

xoxo
xuan