STRANGER

I wasn't quite certain if Jordan was just a guy of few words or if he couldn't be bothered to reply me. Though, I was leaning more towards the latter considering our back and forth messaging went something as followed:

Where are we heading?

A charity gala

Why are you asking me?

I need a plus one

Okay, formal or semi formal?

Whatever

Since he could not be bothered to answer my question, I decided to opt for a white Tom Ford cadi mini dress with a pair of simple gold stilettos. With 5 minutes to spare, I briskly brushed through my hair before stuffing a few necessities into a handcarry purse and headed downstairs.

As soon as I was out of the front door, a sleek black Lamborghini pulled to a stop right infront of me

As soon as I was out of the front door, a sleek black Lamborghini pulled to a stop right infront of me. Mentally bracing myself for a long night ahead, I thanked the doorman who opened my car door and slid into the awaiting vehicle.

Usually, I wasn't a big fan of Lamborghinis but right now, I could not be more thankful for its spacious interior. Making myself comfortable on the cool leather seat lined against one side of the car, I tried to avoid looking at Jordan who was sat opposite me.

He had his eyes closed and arms crossed, his posture uncharacteristically stiff. "Are you just going to sit there and stare at me like a creep?"

Caught off guard, I blabbered "I wasn't...doing that."

"Besides, its hard to look anywhere else when the seats are designed to face each other." I explained.

Minutes of silence went by before he finally snapped his eyes open, a smirk appeared once he took in what I was wearing.

"Your hair is down."

I glanced at him quizzically, wondering what the deal was with him and my hair.

"Yeah...I didn't have the time to tie it up."

Instead of saying anything back, he got up from his side and came over to mine.

My heart sped up when he settled down beside me, not close enough to be considered an invasion of personal space, just close enough that our shoulders touched.