WRECK

Initially, I had thought the rage radiating off of Jordan in waves was directed at me as he marched over to where I was sitting.

Instinctively, I leaped out of my seat with a pounding heart, wondering what I did to get him so worked up this time.

Instead, he brushed past me and came to stand face-to-face with Zander, steam practically coming out of his ears.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jordan all but growled.

Zander, as unfazed as before, took a threatening step forward. "You're not the only one invited, dickhead."

I figured he must have had a death wish to actually continue proding the already provoked beast, though, I should say I was not surprised after witnessing how he was with his father.

"You son of a-" Jordan raise his hands, looking as if he was ready to grab Zander's collar when I decided to swoop in and pulled them back, with great effort might I add.

"Stop it!" I whispered. "There're people staring."

"Let. Go." He tried tugging his arm out of my hold but I resisted vehemently, clinging on tightly with both hands.

Zander's eyes shifted to me and his mouth curled upwards, "I now know why you'd rather be alone babe, you literally came with a fucking asshole."

That was apparently the last straw for Jordan as he broke free from my captive hold and launched forward, I could only watch in horror as his fist flew towards Zander's face.

Right when I thought all hell would break lose, his fist paused midair. Relieved and confused, I turned to see Mr Chandler with a firm grip on Jordan's elbow.

"That's enough, son." His voice was authoritative in way that left no room for any argument.

I held my breath, expecting another round of outburst from Jordan but at the same time praying it wouldn't happen. To my surprise, he slowly lowered his fist whilst he glowered at Zander, both of them not taking their eyes off of the other.

Then, without another word, Jordan simply stormed off in a huff. Mr Chandler rubbed his temple and sighed despondently, I can't help feeling sorry for him.

Not wanting to stay any longer in the tensed silence that ensued, I mumbled a quick "I'll go check up on him." before scurrying off.

Outside, I found Jordan punching a wall with his bare fist. Horrified at the scene, I rushed forward in an attempt to stop him from hurting himself any further.

"Hey! Are you insane? Stop that!"

He didn't even bothered to look up and shoved me away, a little too harshly. "Leave me the fuck alone."

"Look, I get that you're angry at Zander for whatever reason but you shouldn't take your anger out this way." I tried rationalising it for him.

Faster than whiplash, he turned to me with blazing eyes so intense I actually took several steps back.

"Don't you ever say his name again." He spat out.

I gulped and in a shaky voice, "Yeah...well...okay...still, it doesn't give you an excuse to punch people. Or walls..."

He scoffed, "A girl like you would never understand, so stop trying to act as if you're better than me."