DATE

@sombre_angel274 took the time to make & send me this breathtakingly beautiful cover she made for this story and I just have to put this at the start of this chappie in dedication to her efforts & talent💘💘💘 I can't thank her enough & I'm sure y...

@sombre_angel274 took the time to make & send me this breathtakingly beautiful cover she made for this story and I just have to put this at the start of this chappie in dedication to her efforts & talent💘💘💘 I can't thank her enough & I'm sure you guys feel the same so let's all take a moment to appreciate this magnificent piece of art❣️❣️❣️

In Psychology, behavioural psychologists argued that people were blank slates as infants, in the sense where almost all of our behaviours were learned and acquired. This theory had a long history in Philosophy which dated all the way back to Aristotle.

This was exactly how it felt for me at the moment, my brain seemed to have ceased functioning and the desperate attempts to grab onto any passing thoughts were drawing a blank.

I might have continued on in that blissful state of ignorance if not for the deep, commanding voice that pulled me out of the haze I was in and had me plummeting straight back to reality.

"Huh?" I choked out, still feeling a little lost and confused at what was going on.

One of Jordan's palm was still craddling my face and his thumb reached out to rub my plump lip, his eyes never once strayed from mine, making me wonder how could one look from him turn my stomach into an entire zoo.

"See you later, babygirl." He murmured, only low enough for both of our ears.

As a parting gesture, he delicately traced two fingers along my hairline, ending at my chin where the ghost of his touch stubbornly lingered. This had me wanting to shut my eyes and lean further into his touch, the touch that was so gentle and so starkly different to the person I thought I knew.

Jordan was such a far cry from gentle.

"Holy fuck."

"Holy fuck." Tyler repeated. "What the fuck was that?"

My reluctant eyes dragged themselves from Jordan's retreating back to Tyler's eagerly awaiting gaze, the guy looked as if he was ready to burst from excitement.

I opened my mouth, then closed it, not knowing what to say. A quick glance around me proved I wasn't the only one rendered speechless by his little stunt.

People were openly gawping at me, some at him, while others simply resorted to a sort of passive aggressive jeering, mostly girls who probably wished they were in my position instead.

"This is unfair Pesto, why am I the only one left out in the loop? How long has this been going on?" Tyler grumbled.

"I-um...I don't know...there's nothing going on..."