AMBIGUITY

"How does it feel?"

I scrunched up my brows. "What do you mean?"

Jordan twirled the fork in his right hand mindlessly. "When you said you're finding it harder to not like me, how does it make you feel?"

His question stumped me, partly because I had never given much thought to how exactly all of this made me feel and partly because well...I wasn't expecting him to ask something like that.

I pondered hard over it, the entire process, how we came to be. It was definitely a bumpy road, not a pleasant one at that. And it wasn't straightforward either, we didn't jump from one stage to the next, it was gradual and slow and very much unanticipated.

It crept up on me silently, maybe just little flutters here and there, ones that I mistook for nothing more than the odd body jitters. Then without so much as a warning, it came crashing in like a shockwave, multiple at a time, tiding me under and not giving me any time to recover before coming in again.

"Its...difficult to find the right words to describe exactly how-"

"Nevermind, let's just forget about it." He maffled abruptly.

I leaned back against the leather seat and squinted at him with unconcealed annoyance. "Do you know that you're the most confusing guy I've ever met?"

Out of habit, he cracked his knuckles. "Hypocritical of you to say that, honey bee."

Something in the universe must not be aligning. "This is exactly what I'm talking about."

"One second you're all closed off and a second later, we're suddenly at the stage where we're calling each other cliche pet names?"

"Are we not?"

"Of course not!" Realising my voice was a tad too loud, I glanced at the cashier apologetically. "We aren't closed enough to be."

He seemed to stop blinking for a while as he eyeballed me analytically. "Not even after 2 kisses?"

My cheeks involuntarily heated up as he continued to regard me with a disturbing amount of impassiveness.

"No. It takes way more than just 2...kisses."

A slow smirk made its way across his previously static face. "So more stolen kisses then?"

"Nope, nothing of that sorts. You've got to do more than just that, Jordan."

He cocked his head slightly. "What do you think about this date?"

"You could do better." I answered elusively, not wanting to admit that I was an easily impressed person. On a side note, he did have a lot to make up for and I wasn't going to let him get away with it.

"Do you know that your hair smells of honey?" He asked offhandedly.

"Thanks to you, I now do."

"Do you also know..."

He languidly dragged his gaze away from the Rolex on his right wrist to my awaiting eyes, dropping down briefly to my lips before dragging them back up again.