1

the next day, hueningkai brought something different to show his love for yeonjun.

in his hand was a box of chocolate-covered strawberries; he knew how much yeonjun loved strawberries.

yeonjun was sitting at a library table alone, reading a book in silence. he looked so cute to hueningkai: his eyes were squinted, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, and his lips were being bitten by his teeth.

hueningkai knew that there was a high chance he would get rejected harshly, but he had a mission to complete.

timidly, hueningkai makes his way to yeonjun and taps his shoulder gently.

startled, yeonjun looks up at hueningkai with wide eyes. then his eyes go small.

"oh," he pulls a sour face. "it's the gay kid."

"i-i made these for you!" hueningkai smiles awkwardly. he shoves the box of chocolate-covered strawberries in front of yeonjun.

yeonjun's eyes travel down to the box in disinterest but nonetheless, he proceeds to open the box with a sigh.

yeonjun didn't really feel like being too mean today.

yeonjun's eyes light up at the sight of the delectable strawberries and for the first time, actually smiles a bit at hueningkai.

he takes a strawberry to his mouth and bites into it, almost moaning out loud due to the juiciness and richness of the treat.

"d-do you like it? i ma-made them myself..." hueningkai asks hopefully.

coughing, yeonjun says, "um, they were actually okay..."

hueningkai's heart skips eight beats at once.

"but," yeonjun adds, seeing hueningkai's happy face. "that doesn't mean i'm gay. it just means you make good treats."

hueningkai is hurt for a second, but immediately gets over. this was progress from yesterday at least.

"i never said you were gay for me." hueningkai semi-teases.

yeonjun turns bright red and murmurs, "whatever, faggot. go away."

happily, hueningkai skips away with his heart racing like the one of a bull's.

despite the fact that he was just called a slur by his crush, at least he made him blush.

yeonjun looks down at he box of strawberries and smiles softly.

what is this i'm feeling...? yeonjun asks to himself with rosy cheeks.