10

TIME SKIP: 3 MONTHS LATER

hueningkai laughed as yeonjun's appa told him a story about when yeonjun was a little kid, he believed he was a fairy.

"every night," yeonjun's appa started. "he would steal a dress from his mother and would prance around his room."

hueningkai imagined a small yeonjun in a large dress, roaming his room freely, pretending he was a fairy. it was such a cute thing to imagine.

"appa!" yeonjun died of embarrassment. "you're making me feel on the spot!"

"i personally believe it was a cute phase you went through." appa smiled at his son's red cheeks.

"i agree with your appa, yeonjun," hueningkai laughed. "you were such a cute kid."

"for the millionth time," leo exasperated. "call me leo, hueningkai."

"okay... leo." yeonjun smiles softly.

the three of them sat in bliss, utter bliss. after years of hate, love had finally prevailed. and they were no longer chained to their past, but free.

"appa," yeonjun broke the silence. "do you ever miss eomma?"

appa is silent for a moment, then continues, "yes, i do."

"how was she like?" yeonjun asked, seeing the look of love shinning in his appa's eyes.

"she was amazing," he chuckled lightly. "she was my angel sent from heaven. she was the one woman who understood me and made me feel like the only one for her. i was so heartbroken when she died giving birth to you."

yeonjun never had the opportunity to meet his mother. at times, he found himself blaming himself for her death, but deep down inside, he knew it wasn't his fault.

"why are you asking about your eomma, though? you never really ask." appa asked curiously.

"i want to visit her grave. i need to ask her a question." yeonjun smiled.

his appa looked deeply into his son's eyes and understood what he was implying then grinned widely.

"you know what she would tell you, son." he smiled.

"i just need to tell her personally." he said, getting up and taking hueningkai's hand.

soon, they left to the grave where yeonjun's eomma laid to rest. yeonjun was nervous, to say the least, but he knew he needed to tell his eomma.

he walked towards her grave with a bouquet of roses and petunias then proceeded to place them gently on her grave. hueningkai kneeled beside him and looked closely at the picture of yeonjun's deceased eomma.

she was beautiful.

"eomma," yeonjun started, his voice already shaky. "i know it's been awhile. to be honest, i've been avoiding this place. i'm scared you'd hate me just like appa used to because i am gay, but i know i need to tell you anyway. eomma, i'm gay and i'm so in love with my boyfriend, hueningkai." yeonjun motioned a hand towards the younger.

"i love him so much that i know i want to spent the rest of my life with him," yeonjun pulled a velvety box out of his pocket then turned to hueningkai. "i want your blessing to let me marry this beautiful man, so hueningkai, will you marry me?" he opened the box to reveal a dazzling diamond ring that mirrored a rainbow in the sunlight.

hueningkai gasped as he saw the ring before his eyes. yeonjun and him had only been together for awhile, but hueningkai knew in his heart that they were meant to be together since the very start.

"oh my god, yes!" hueningkai sobbed, smashing his own lips onto yeonjun's.

yeonjun kissed hueningkai until his lungs felt as if they might've exploded then hauled hueningkai and himself up to their feet.

"this is your soon-to-be son-in-law, eomma. i wanted you to allow this and something in my heart tells me you do," yeonjun smiled, feeling nothing but euphoric. "don't worry mom, i will visit again the day of our wedding. this isn't goodbye, this is until next time."

and with that, they went to create a life for themselves. a happy life that they both deserved.

funny, isn't it? how love grew from the seed of hate?

THE END.