8

"don't move," hueningkai instructs, cleaning yeonjun's bump. "this is going to sting."

as hueningkai applies the antiseptic, yeonjun hisses in pain. "ouch that hurts!"

"sorry," hueningkai sympathizes, kissing his bump. "i didn't mean to hurt you."

yeonjun manages a smile, but it wasn't his usual smiles. right now, he looked distressed.

"talk," hueningkai demands. "it's not good keeping everything in. i'm your boyfriend and as your boyfriend, it's my duty to care for you."

"i don't want to burden you." yeonjun says hesitantly.

"pabo!" hueningkai replies angrily, smacking yeonjun on the head. "you are never a burden to me!"

hesitantly, yeonjun says, "well... i feel just... sad." he smiles weakly.

hueningkai takes his hands in his and gives me a gentle look.

"he's my appa... and fuck, i hate him and love him a the same time," he sobs, grasping hueningkai's hands tightly. "i just wish he would love me for me and would not care who i loved. god, why aren't i normal?"

"hyung," hueningkai states sternly. "being gay doesn't make you unnormal. actually, it makes you special. despite everyone being against us gays, we prevailed and showed the world that love always wins. so don't you ever be ashamed for what you love. be proud, in fact."

yeonjun smiles at his baby boy's speech and laughs joyfully.

"goddamnit, i'm so whipped for you." yeonjun giggles, engulfing hueningkai in a hug that displayed nothing but affection.

suddenly, a car pulled up on the side of the road.

eomma lisa calls out from her red convertible, "boys, hop in!"

shocked, hueningkai follows yeonjun into the car and lisa starts to drive off.

"oh my," she sighs. "you boys look rough. how bad was your fight with my son, yeonjun?"

"horrible, lalisa." yeonjun grimaced. "appa hates me."

hueningkai just stares with his mouth agape, utterly flabbergasted.

"y-you and eomma lisa are... related?" hueningkai coughs out, feeling very much confused and a bit betrayed.

"lalisa is my grandmother," yeonjun announces sheepishly. "i would've told you sooner but saw just how close my grandmother and you got so i didn't want to interfere. also, i kind of sort of was... conflicted with you back then so i didn't want to get involved with you."

"i am sorry, my dear," eomma lisa says sincerely. "i did want to tell you, believe me, but my stubborn grandson made me keep my mouth shut."

hueningkai sat their in silence, still shocked at how the two most important people in his life were blood-related and they kept it a secret from him.

he wasn't angry; just a bit disappointed from hearing about it way later than he believed he should've.

"it's okay," he shrugged. "i just wish you guys would've told me sooner."

"we apologize for that," yeonjun says. "no more secrets between us, i promise." yeonjun puts his pinkie out in front of hueningkai.

hueningkai links his thin pinkie with yeonjun's thicker one and smiles softly, "no more secrets."

the rest of the car ride is calm. the radio was playing softly in the background and yeonjun had fallen asleep on hueningkai's lap.

"so," eomma lisa breaks the silence. "you're yeonjun's boyfriend now?"

"yes, eomma," hueningkai smiles gently. "i am his and he is mine."

"let me let you into some details: yeonjun can be a bit... conflicted with his feelings at times. can you blame him though? he grew up his whole life being told to hate gays and now he is one. just remember one thing: he loves you, no matter what."

"i understand." hueningkai nods slightly, watching yeonjun sleep peacefully with admiration.

soon enough, they make it back to hueningkai's house.

"hey, baby," hueningkai shakes yeonjun awake. "we are at my house."

hueningkai bids eomma lisa goodbye and she swerves back to her coffee shop.

sleepily, yeonjun drags along behind hueningkai upstairs to his room with a lazy grin.

"you're so pretty." yeonjun smiles, cuddling up with hueningkai in the bed.

"shh, you're prettier." hueningkai giggles playfully.

"but you're the prettiest." yeonjun winks, making hueningkai a giggling mess.

"stop~!" hueningkai whines softly. "you're such a flirt."

"only for you, baby," yeonjun pauses then turns serious. "hey, you know what my appa said back there, right?"

"how he would mess me up if i stayed with you?" hueningkai quotes uncertainly. "if so, yes, i did."

"aren't you the least bit frightened?" yeonjun asks, cocking his head to the side in confusion.

"no," hueningkai smiles, coming closer to hueningkai's face. "because i know you will protect me. and i will do everything i can to protect you as well."

yeonjun's heart swelled with pride at how dedicated hueningkai was to their relationship. with their determination alone, they just knew they could prevail all.

"god, i love you." yeonjun sighed in content as he snuggled his baby closer to him.

"i love you too, hyung." hueningkai said softly and together, they fell asleep peacefully.