Killer Queen and the Idiot

Sleep didn't come to me that night. But a meeting did the next day.
Was Irene still in town, I didn't know. I left before (Y/N) woke up, I don't know if I could face her.

Why did I do that. I mean we were both tired. It was a weird day, a lot of stuff happened. I didn't mean for that kiss to happen, it was an accident.

Why did I do it, I don't even like her in that way. She is a comrade... a friend... nothing more and nothing less.

I sat in the meeting awake as ever, I pull all-nighters all the time. I didn't like them, but I did.

"We will be assigning squads, three man squads." Danzo spoke "People like Kakashi will have his primary three man squad and his secondary ten man squad.
This means that you will be taking more missions in three man squads. People who are part of  my research will be with their roommate and one other person."

Danzo went through and names of people who would be squad leaders. I heard Tenzō's name, I guess he can't be the third member. I heard my name which is when I paid attention.

"Kakashi Hatake, you will be leader of squad fourteen. As you know you are with (Y/N) from fallout, and the third member you can pick. But they must be from the sensory ninja category. Preferably visual."

I nodded, I already knew exactly who (Y/N) wanted. Itachi Uchiha.
As the days go by I see more and more of him, I think he is making me go soft. Because I let (Y/N) keep Mr.Scar, and I would never do that.
At first I suspected that he put me under a jutsu, but not even Itachi and his visual prowess could keep one up for that long. Not now at least. It would be impossible for me to go soft, no way in hełl.

I'm just a human, I have feelings and emotions, but I can hide them. I still have the capacity to care for a person, I just never thought I would know that emotion again. Should I be allowed to feel this emotion?
Look what I've done to the others that I care about. Like I said on her birthday.
It's either on my bad days, the days when I lose self control. Or on her really good days or really bad days, her birthday before her mother came and her birthday while her mother was there. Is when I tend to break down and be with her always.
I don't deserve another chance not after Obito, and not after Rin. How could I be such an idiot?
A sharp voice cut me out of my thoughts "Do you understand, I want a third member two weeks from today."

"Yes sir" I stood up and sat back down as I confirmed myself

I should still ask (Y/N) later, she may choose someone other than Itachi. Doubt it-

----(on a mission 1 week later)----
((Y/N) 1st person)

Wooo! I have another mission with Mr.Hatake. Well have makes it sound like it's I the future. But that is not the case.
Kakashi and I were sent to kill a war overlord, they just call him an overlord. I don't know why, because he's just described as a rich murderer that causes drama between villages.

Two days ago, I heard someone say something really mean about Kakashi earlier, I didn't like it at all. They called him Friend Killer Kakashi, I told them not to do it again. They politely apologized and said that they wouldn't. I'm glad that at least some people have the decency to respect others opinions.

Person after person, Kakashi plunged his hand through them. He didn't have to make new chidori's because he didn't let the one he currently had diminish. I was a little upset, that I didn't get to help. Especially because my way is more humane. If I use a small amount of chakra, the person will just pass out.

After all, our goal was to kill the king/ war overlord. A poor part of the rain village had one mansion and loads of dilapidated houses. Once the poor selection of the village came too view, I jumped ahead and evacuated the houses that were closest to the mansion. Everything was fine, except this one old guy slashed a part of my mask. My mask wasn't completely broken, but it had a large gash from the mid forehead to the middle of my nose.