Reflections of fear make shadows of nothing

You better know that line ⬆️
——

After that, they sat there for a couple minutes. The two just took in the moment. The silence wasn't awkward, they just had to embrace the bliss of the moment.
The whole thing was a lot to take account for. Kakashi let (Y/N) have his heart, which, despite the big man he pretended to be, is fragile. His heart had been broken and shattered too many times to count. And he had put up walls, that no one could break. Then he met (Y/N), and she took his breath away.

"Still, I don't know," She voiced her concern. "I have a really hard time trusting people and, well I don't want to mistreat you. B-because what if this is just infatuation. Infatuation goes away, and then you won't like me."

Kakashi laughed lightly, which was music to her ears. Kakashi pulled (Y/N) close to his body, and looked into her (E/C) eyes.

"I don't just like you, I mean, I love you (Y/N). I'd give it all away just to have your eternity. When I met you, I hated you. And two years later, I'm in love with you. When you turned sixteen, that's when I realized. Not even time could heal me, but you did. Words can't even describe my admiration for you." His voice held a great deal of emotion.

-

You took a breath, you wanted to say yes. But there were so many things that worried you. Kakashi was truly a great guy, and he cares for you. But what if you mess up, you know Kakashi doesn't trust people easily. And the fact that he chose you is baffling, why you. You chose him, but did you deserve him?

What if you lose him?

"I love you, but what have I become. You are my dearest friend, but everyone I know goes away in the end. I'll let you down, I don't want to hurt you." You spoke honestly.

Your words were followed by more silence. Kakashi's eyes were warm, but calculating. What compares to him? Nothing. He's perfect in every single way.

"I have those same doubts. Doubt is a record that plays inside my head. I try to turn it down, you know my past. It kills me to know that you could end up like Rin. It comes for all of us, saying we are not enough. You are more than enough for me." He said gently

You met his eyes, "I'm sorry in advance, for when I mess up. I love you too, so, do you.. want to, maybe... I liked you from the start, but let's be honest I was scared at the thought of being near you. But then I started seeing things in you that I didn't see before. I wasn't ready for that, it scared me that I liked you, so I dated Brian instead. You know how that worked out, I ended up getting damaged. I think back to see you there comforting me and making things right."

Kakashi smiled, he was overjoyed. You were as well. He knew what you were trying to say, "Confessions are really hard. But (Y/N), will you let me call you mine?"

You eagerly nodded your head. Your heart was pounding, and your face was undoubtably tinted with pink. You two were standing up now.

Kakashi rested his hand on your waist and pulled you close to him. He had his other hand on the back of your neck. His touch sent tingles down your spine. You found that incredibly sexy. He looked into your eyes one last time, then closed his. He closed the distance between, and his lips just brushed yours.

"Is this okay?" He questioned, making sure everything's as consensual.

I really have found the perfect man.

You smiled, allowing him to continue. His lips gently connected to yours. You moved in sync with his lips. A moment, in a second everything can change. What if's had filled your head. Imagine, what if I never joined the Anbu.

Now you could only appreciate, now. This was the time for life to fit into place. As your friend had become your lover.

I don't think I could ask for more.

You felt the smile on his lips, that caused you to smile as well. Kakashi pulled away, he couldn't help but admire you.

"We should stop before this goes to far." He said.

You frowned but agreed, you weren't ready just yet to go to the next level. You trusted Kakashi with all of your heart, but you weren't ready yet.

You didn't know this, but it took all of Kakashi's self control to be able pull away from that. He knew you weren't ready, and he respected that.

"So, can I take you out tomorrow Beautiful?" He asked as he let you go.

You blushed at the name, although you thought that there was no way that he actually thought you were beautiful.

Kakashi didn't just think you were beautiful, he knew you were. Everyone did. They thought that you were some curvy goddess. Kakashi also thought that, but there was something that he liked more.
He thought that your looks were just a bonus, what he loved was your personality. He liked your quirks and all of the dirty jokes you made. He liked that you were humble, and he liked that you were strong. He loved your laugh, and he loved your determination. The list goes on. How you blush when you get embarrassed and all of your opinions. What sets Kakashi apart from all of the others is simple.
Kakashi actually cared. He wanted to know how your day was, and your well-being was important to him. He liked to listen, and he was always worried about you. That's how to know if someone loves you.

And someone definitely loves you. Kakashi. Loves. You.

•*•*•*

So short chapter, and when I was writing it I was fangirling.
Also please PLEASE please, if you like my story please vote!! Thank you!