Nurse Kakashi

(This is a very short chapter but you need to pay attention to it, because a lot goes down. The book starts getting interesting here)

"You're not a nurse." I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What do you want me to do, dress up in a nurse costume with little frills, dance around for ya!" He copped defensively.

I giggled and fixed my posture "You came up with that idea awfully quick."

"Well I have to stay home because of you." He too, crossed his arms

"I'm telling you, I'll be fine. I'm already out of the hospital and I should be able to go back to work in a couple of days. You can go to work!"

"If something were to happen while I was out, I would never forgive myself." He mumbled so that I couldn't hear him.

"Oh shush you truffula tree"

"Truffula tree?" He repeated from the kitchen.

"Yeah, your hair is like a truffula tree"

"Tsk, just take this" He said as he shoved a pill and water bottle in my face.

I snatched the bottle and took the pain killers. I have to admit, I was having fun with Kakashi. But I knew something was very off, he's acting so nervous, and fidgety.

"Kakashi, are you okay?" I asked him gently

He let out a long and pained sigh as he sat on the couch next to me. "I'm not going to say this twice, so listen up..."

I nodded eagerly, this must be pretty serious for Kakashi to be so nervous about it.

"It took me three months to see, well, you," He paused, trying to figure out how exactly he would word whatever he was going to say "I've lost a lot of my friends, before I could tell them how much they mean to me. And I've harmed a lot of my friends, and I don't want to hurt you. But recently stuff has been happening and, well, I don't want you to leave me too. So I, wanted to let you know. But I've been a world class asshøle, so I understand if you don't want to be my friend."

I got his point, it honestly brought me to tears. I gave him a large hug from where I was sitting, rubbing his back in a soothing motion. I could see that he was scared and unprepared. He rested his head into the crook of my neck and pulled me closer to him. His arms wrapped around my back and held me in his comfort.

"I'll always be your friend, and I'll always be there for you."

Kakashi tightened his embrace and just barely whispered "Thank you"

We stayed like that for at least a minute, I wish it lasted forever. Kakashi moved away, and put his hand on my cheek, gently caressing it. He slid his thumb across it, wiping my tears away.
"Let me take you out to lunch, to try and make it up to you." He said as he stood up abruptly.

I knit my brows together "Make what up too me?"

"For me being a dick to you." He replied as he pulled me up from the couch.

"A-alright, I couldn't deny food anyway." I joked while putting my shoes on.

• * • * • *

"I'll have the salt broiled saury with miso soup."

"I'll have the same."

The waitress walked away and Kakashi sent me a look of surprise. "Last time I checked, you hated fish."

I shrugged "Yeah, but I wanted to try it again. Maybe it was just bad the first times that I've had it."

He gave a dismissive nod, but his head shot up when Itachi came in. Itachi looked tired and scared, which is not how I normally saw the Uchiha.

He must've known we were here, because he pulled up a chair and sat down. "(Y/N), I was recently assigned a mission. That I won't be returning from. I can't tell you the details but I need you and Kakashi to leave the village."

I felt tears swell up in my eyes "W-why, w-what do you mean!"

How did it go wrong so quickly

"I can't tell you the details, but I want you to know a couple things." He stated solemnly, looking dead into my eyes "I never wanted to do this. And if I can't bring myself to fully complete the mission, I need you to take care of him."

Tears were now streaming down my eyes, we were causing quite the scene in the restaurant that we were in. "Who is he! Itachi, no, y-you can't leave!"

Itachi gave a pained smile and cast his gaze down at the table, he was fumbling with a small metal object in his hands. That was the least of my worries.
My best friend would be leaving the village, forever.

"I'll never get to see you again!" I cried out.

Itachi frantically shook his head "No, I would never let that happen. I can see you one hour every month."

I frowned, tasting the hot salty liquid that was seeping out of my eyes. "That's it, Itachi I love you, you're my best friend!"

"I love you to (Y/N), I'm doing this for you. And for the village. And I got you this." Itachi spoke in a low tone Ashe handed me the silver object.

It was a necklace that had three silver ring-like charms on it, it looked just like his necklace.
"I-Itachi..."

He stood up, but I absolutely wouldn't let him leave. I hugged him so tight, pulling him closer to myself. Itachi hugged me back, but soon there after, let go.
"I'll visit you right after this mission, remember I love you, you were the best best friend anyone could ever hope to have." He said as he looked up at you.

I made a fatal mistake and looked into his eyes, his sharingon knocked me out.

Itachi made a point to talk to Kakashi, and told him a very long plan, which Kakashi memorized as soon as Itachi said it. He also handed Kakashi letter that were addressed for you.
The next week Itachi carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, as he killed off his clan only one person was in his mind, Sasuke. He could not bring himself to kill his little brother.