IIII. ONE MONTH

CHAPTER FOUR: One Month

HER RED LEATHER WATCH READ A little past four o'clock. The group that was sent out two days ago, still hadn't come back yet. Remmi wasn't necessary worried all that much. The group had sent some of the stronger members of the group to Atlanta to scavenge for supplies. Remmi was offered a spot to go, but she refused.

She hated Atlanta. The whole city. The food, the buildings, the work, everything.

"Rem, would you mind watching Matt for a bit? I'm just dead tired," Ellie laughed lightly, rubbing her small, five month belly.

Remmi looked over to her nephew, "Yeah of course. Go lie down, you need to keep my niece healthy." She joked.

"Heaven help us if it's a girl," Ellie laughed, walking off towards her and Andy's shared tent.

"Can we play cars Rem?"

"Well, what else would we do? Why don't you go get Carl and Sophia too? Maybe they'd like to play," Matt nodded before running off to find the two kids.

Matt came back with just Carl, Matt telling Remmi that Sophia was playing with Maria.

An hour later, Ellie came back from her tent when she heard a blaring alarm.

"Turn that damn thing off!"

"Is she okay? Is Andrea okay!?"

Everyone was shouting over the loud noise, shouting at Glenn to give them answers. When the car alarm finally stopped, Glenn finally spoke up, "I got a really cool car," He smiled.

Remmi just laughed lightly at the man, shaking her head. Finally, a truck pulled up, people piling out.

Andrew quickly ran over to his family, hugging his wife and son, then hugging Remmi who has waiting for him, arms stretched out.

"Good to have you back," Remmi smiled at her brother.

"Good to be back. I got you somethin'." Andrew pulled out a black box and told her to open it.

Inside was a little blue stethoscope, her favorite one that she left behind when she ran to King's County.

"How did you... Andy, thank you!" She cried, hugging her brother once more.

Their moment was cut off by a shriek, "Dad!" Remmi looked towards the sound and saw Carl. He was running to a man, one who she assumed was her dad.

Until she herself recognized him. "That's Rick Grimes," Remmi said.

"How do you know him?" Ellie questioned.

Remmi shook her head, "I was his doctor back in King's County. How is he alive?"

"Beats me. All I know is that guy saved my life. Made me able to get back home to my family," Andrew commented, kissing his wife on the top of her head.

"Yuck," Matt commented, sticking his tongue out and shaking his head.

I thought so too, Remmi's mind told her.

Get off, you know I don't like it when you do that. Derek's voice said. Remmi shook her head and walked towards Rick Grimes to introduce herself. Properly this time.

"Can I ask how you survived?" Remmi asked, checking Rick's wounds. She saw that they where healing nicely. Just as she expected in the first place.

"I... I'm not sure. I woke up to, what I think was you and Shane talking,"

"Wow... I didn't think medical miracles could happen anymore,"

"So Shane got you out?" Rick asked her, clearly not wanting to talk about himself.

Remmi pulled out clean bandages before saying yes, "He probably likes you," Rick laughed.

If he wasn't sleeping with your wife, She thought. Remmi just laughed. It was in the first couple of nights at the camp, when she heard noises from the woods. She thought someone was hurt. It was just Shane Walsh and Lori Grimes looking up at her like a deer in headlights. Or rather like a little kid who got caught stealing from the cookie jar.

Remmi stayed out of it though. It wasn't any of her business.

"You're all good. I'd like to keep an eye on the stitches though. In a few days I can take them out. Sound like a plan?"

"Sounds like a plan," He smiled, pulling on the white t-shirt Andy let him borrow.

Suddenly, Matt burst into the RV. "Rem, it's dinner time! Hurry up! Mommy says we can't eat without you," Matt grabbed his aunt's hand, pulling her out of the RV and straight to the fire that was burning.

*published