XII. THE DOC IS IN

ლ

IT WAS A LONG ride. The group had finally arrived at the CDC and good amount of them were close to passing out from exhaustion. Sometimes a pregnant woman in the group made it all harder, but there wasn't a day when any of them weren't thankful for Ellie.

The group had made it up the garage like door, trying to be quiet. Some of the men began to bang on the doors while the others were staying alert for any unwanted visitors.

"Rick!" Shane has whispered, "We need to go! They're closing in!"

Rick had sighed and began to walk back until he saw something. He saw the camera move. The rest of them had thought he was crazy. Thought the man who had been given a second chance was just plain crazy.

Until a bright light appeared and a voice, telling them to get in.

When the group of survivors came to the front of the CDC, the voice spoke again.

"Is anyone infected?"

"No, one of ours was. He... He didn't make it," Rick replied.

And thus the figure removed himself from the shadows. A gasp fell upon his lips when he saw Dr. Remmi Tyler.

"Dr. Tyler. Good to see you're alive,"

"You as well Edwin. Where is everyone?" She asked. The two were old friends. Back before the world ended.

"What do you guys want?" He asked, ignoring her question.

"We just want a chance,"

"That's a lot to ask for these days," The doctor thought long and hard before replying, "The price of admission is a blood test. Get anything you have now. Once I close that door, it stays closed."

Remmi had walked over to the doctor after most everyone had went to get their things.

"Seriously Edwin, where is everyone? Addison? This place was crawling with doctors months ago."

"They're gone, Remmi. They're all just... gone..."

Remmi and Edwin where taking people's blood like no tomorrow. With two doctors, things went by a lot smoother.

"Miss it yet?" Edwin asked the young woman as she changed her gloves.