XXVI. THE RIGHT THING

REMMI SIGHED, SITTING ON one of the chairs outside by the small fire. Remmi had hoped for a lot of things that day. All which went south. She hoped she wouldn't of had to stitch Beth's wrist. She did.

She had fought with Andrea. Again. Something she hoped she didn't have to do again.

As she sat in front of the fire, she knew she was exhausted. The last few days had been tiring. For her and the group.

"Tired darlin'?" Daryl asked her as he came to sit next to her.

"Oh yeah. Long day,"

"Me too," He chuckled. "Me too."

"You and Andy find anything good?"

Daryl looked at her, "Maybe. Depends how you look at it,"

Remmi looked at him, she was confused. From behind his back, Daryl pulled out a drink. Orange soda to be exact.

"You remembered," She smiled. "Thank you."

"What'd you say we save that for tomorrow morning and just get you into bed?"

"I'm perfectly okay with that,"

And with that, the two made their way to the tent. Sleep coming over them both easily.

The next morning, the group surrounded the fire pit where Lori was handing out hot tea. It was getting colder by the second these days and they all struggled to keep warm most mornings.

"So what's the plan? I think we'd all feel better if we knew," Lori asked.

"Is there even a plan?"

"Are we gonna keep him here?"

"We'll know soon enough," Rick answered, nodding towards Daryl who was talking to Randall. Trying to find some answers.

"Did he say anything?" Remmi asked as Daryl approached.

"Yeah, kid's got a gang. Thirty men," He replied. "They for heavy artillery and they ain't lookin' to make friends. If they roll through here, our boys are dead. And well our women... They'll wish they were."

"What'd you do?" Carol asked him, looking at his bloody knuckles.

"Had a little chat," Carol walked away then and Remmi just shook her head as Daryl walked by to stand at her side.

"We gotta eliminate the threat," Rick told the group.

Dale, looking stunned, then said, "You're just gonna kill him?"

"It's settled, we'll do it today," Rick ignored Dale and he just followed as Rick walked away.

"You've gotta be kidding me. We can't just kill him," Remmi argued.

"What do you mean?" Andrew asked.

"I mean, he's a kid. He's barely eighteen. We can't-We can't kill him. It's not right," She told her brother before walking away. She couldn't believe they were just going to kill him. If anything, she didn't want to believe it. Her morals went against everything these days.