XXII. BROKEN COMPLETELY

*WARNING: There is more
swearing in this chapter than most !!

*WARNING: There is more swearing in this chapter than most !!

IT HAD BEEN DAYS SINCE Daryl put a Cherokee Rose in Remmi's hair and she would be lying to herself if she said she hadn't missed his touch. Especially since two days before Daryl had fallen into a river off of a ledge. Remmi cared deeply for the man and she didn't want anything to happen to him. She felt he was too good for this world and to have him demolish from a single wound and a small piece of crazy would not be the way to go for the Dixon.

It had been another two days since then and Daryl was getting the stitches she put in out. She began to make her way from her tent to his up on the hill.

"You up?" She asked him to which a grunt was her reply. She laughed lightly before hearing the zipper of the tent and Daryl coming out of it. "You ready to get them out?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," He told her. Lately, Daryl had been cold to everyone. Even Remmi. He told her that since he found Sophia's doll it seemed like everyone had given up on finding her, but Daryl believed she was out there and was waiting for them to go and get her. Remmi had no idea why he was more dedicated then all of them combined, but she knew her boundaries.

"I just need you to lift your shirt and we can begin," Daryl did as told and Remmi began snipping the suture. "We're gonna find her you know. One way or another."

"I guess. I'm just done helpin' ya'll. All we do is sit around and wait for Sophia to come out of the woods. Either she's dead or-"

"Don't say that," Remmi scolded before he even got his second part out. "She's alive. You know it and I know it. Stop being so negative all the time."

"Stop being so Miss Prissy all the damn time then," He barked back at her.

"Excuse me?" She stopped what she doing, stunned by his reply. It wasn't his playful tone anymore, she knew he meant it.

"You heard me. You're always staying positive and treating everyone like you're better than rest of us. Well guess what? You ain't better than any of us. That positive shit you got? There ain't nothin' happy go lucky in this world anymore," He told her. "Get over it. You're not a little girl, stop actin' like a prissy bitch and grow up."

Remmi had hot tears in her eyes. "Screw you Dixon," Was the last thing she said before walking back down the hill. Rubbing her eyes as she was walking down, she tried to stop the tears that were falling down her face.

It was then that Remmi realized something. She wasn't a 'prissy bitch' like Daryl called her. She wasn't a little girl either. She wasn't anything that he told her she was.

It was the same with Derek. She wasn't worthless. She wasn't crazy or a terrible cook. All the bruises he left on her, she never deserved them. When Remmi walked back to camp, she ignored the calls from Andrew and Ellie, but instead, grabbing the knife off of her sleeping and storming off into the trees.