Chapter 31 | Amal

Author's Note

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu hu everyone!

I recently have started a blog and I would really appreciate it if you could check it out.

www.amuslimgirlsblog.com

Please remember to vote, comment and share! JazakhAllah Khair!

-----------------

I hadn't left Yasir but I didn't know what to do. I so badly wanted to believe him and to forgive him. So many things had come out last night. Yasir had been forced to marry me. Knowing that hurt me a lot. And to think that his parents would do that to him. I didn't know what I was expected to think of the entire situation. It just bothered me so much.

The next day I got up to get ready for work. I didn't speak at breakfast and left the house without saying another word to Yasir. I just didn't know what to do. Thinking about the whole situation with Yasir bothered me so much. I wanted to be with him so badly but did he deserve a second chance? Everyone deserves second chances right? But at the same time, what about if he took advantage of the fact that I gave him a second chance and did it again? Did Yasir love me? I wasn't sure. This was burning a hole in my head and my colleagues noticed. They kept asking me what was wrong but I didn't know what to say to them. 

On my lunch break, I decided to call Wardah. The phone rang twice before Wardah picked up and hearing her voice made me feel better. 

'Wardah, I have to tell you something." I paused and composed myself. Honestly, I didn't know if I should tell Wardah or not. Wardah and I were very different people and I know if I told Wardah, Wardah would not want me to stay in the marriage. But I so badly wanted to stay with him. I had planned a future for us here. I was finally managing to get a grip on the career I had wanted and I was close to being promoted. I had started to renovate the house and furnish it the way I had pictured my house to be. We were happy together. At least I thought we were. But every time, I thought of Yasir and that girl, I felt sad. Not angry, just sad. 

"Yes...go on. I don't have all day you know. My time is very precious." Wardah prompted me but I still didn't know what to say. I took a deep breath and sighed. I then preceded to tell her about all the things that had happened in the past few days. When I had finished, I could hear Wardah breathe loudly and I knew I had been right.

"Come back, what are you even doing in London? Leave him. Pack your bags and leave. NOW! He is a scumbag. Thinking he had the right to ruin your life. Wait until I see him...." Wardah began ranting and I knew she wouldn't stop. I let her continue and when she paused to take a break, I spoke.

"There's also one other thing..."

"What is it now? Don't tell me, bad news again. Oh great! Whoopdido." I flinched at the sarcasm evident in her voice and knew what I was going to say, Wardah was not going to like. 

"Umar knew...about Yasir and the girl." There was a pause before she started to speak,

"Umar, as in my brother...My brother...Umar."

"Yes, Wardah. He knew about this girl before I got married to him." 

"What are you talking about Amal? How could Umar possible know about this relationship of his? That doesn't even make sense. Why would he have let you marry him? You're not making sense." 

"Wardah...I'm being serious. He did know. Umar told me himself. That's one of the reasons he ran away, he felt guilty." As I continued speaking, I regretted telling Wardah about Umar. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut but I just needed someone to talk to. It bothered me a lot knowing that my own cousin-brother had betrayed me. Telling Wardah was a bad idea and I should not have done it. 

"You mean to tell me, my brother ruined your life." 

When Wardah put it like that, I guess Umar had. I hadn't known Yasir before. I only started to fall in love with Yasir after we got married. And Umar, the boy I had loved as my own brother, had let me.