Chapter 32 | Malaikah

Author's Note

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu hu everyone!

I recently have started a blog and I would really appreciate it if you could check it out.

www.amuslimgirlsblog.com

Please remember to vote, comment and share! JazakhAllah Khair!

-----------------

The summer had started and I was sat in my room at my desk alone. Charlie and I had such big plans when the summer was going to come. Never had it even occurred to me that we would no be friends by the time summer had come along. I missed Charlie a lot but I knew it was in both of our interests to keep away from him. 

There was a knock on the door and I called for them to come in. The door clicked open and Zayn walked in. He sat on my bed and gestured for to come sit with him. 

"I need to tell you something."

I had no clue why Zayn looked so sombre but I didn't want to test him. I got off from my chair and sat next to him on the bed. 

"I went to the mosque today..." Zayn started and then stopped to look at me. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure what Zayn expected me to say.

"Look, when I was there, I saw Charlie."

"Charlie? Why was he at the mosque?" I was confused to say the least. What on earth would Charlie be doing in the mosque? 

"I wasn't sure if I should tell you this to be honest. But I thought it would be best for you to know." Zayn continued before I could say anything further. 

"He stopped to talk to me and asked about you. And I asked him about what he was doing in the mosque and...Mali...Charlie became a Muslim."

I heard the words first but it didn't register in my head. Charlie became a Muslim. He reverted. I couldn't believe this. I jumped off the bed in excitement but Zayn stood up with me and touched my shoulder.

"No...Mali...don't get excited. Obviously I am happy that he has joined Islam, but you still need to keep a distance from him. I didn't tell you this because I think you should start being friends with him again."

I sighed. I really wanted to see Charlie again and I missed him a lot. I know it was haraam but it hurt a lot knowing that I would not ever get to see Charlie ever again. Out of nowhere, a phone started to ring. I glanced over at my screen and noticed that it wasn't mine. Zayn fumbled around his pocket and picked up the phone. I watched Zayn's face turn into a smile as he spoke. When he cut the phone, he turned towards me with the biggest grin on his face. 

"Fatimah has gone into labour. In a few moments, I'm going to be a father." He grabbed my shoulders and laughed. 

"I have to go, but we will finish this conversation later." 

He hugged me and left the room. 

For the next few hours I spent my time waiting for a call or a message, but I got nothing. I was so excited that I was finally going to have a niece or nephew. The clock hit midnight but there was still no reply. I sighed and went to go find my mother. I knew my mother was also so ecstatic. Their first grandchild. My mother had always been a very motherly figure to any child and I knew this child was going to be the luckiest person in the world to have my mother as their grandmother, just as I was the luckiest person in the world to have my mother as my mother. 

I sat with my mother and my mother scolded me for being awake at this time. 

"I'm waiting for the news, mum." 

My mother shook their head and walked to the kitchen. When they returned, they had a cut bowl of fruit in front of me and told me to eat. Great! How I hated fruit. My mum always used to give me a bowl of fruit to eat whenever I was studying. 

As I put a slice of pear in my mouth, my phone beeped. A text message. From Zayn.

The heirESS to my throne is born. 

I screamed with joy and ran to my mum to hug them. My mother had a granddaughter and my brother had a daughter and I had a niece.