twenty-six

Hyejoo was tired, so tired. Tired was her new name.

She couldn't sleep, another new name she could call herself.

Call herself.

Hyejoo was getting so much better at speaking, it was usually getting used to her tongue although. She could understand and comprehend the words that people spoke but she found it difficult at the speaking part. 

It was good she knew words though, she didn't have to learn them. Yet she still did, at the speaking part.

Chaewon, on the other hand, was suffering.

If this woman isn't there, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll never see her again.

Chaewon frowned, another day and they would be there. She could take the pain of one more day, Hyejoo took a lifetime.

"It might take another day, there's a flood it looks like," Sooyoung said.

"What!?"

"I'm sorry but—,"

"I have to see her!"

"Who?"

"M-my...friend." Chaewon's smile that hadn't been there still disappeared.

Sooyoung knee what was going on, but she would only ask questions. "Who?"

Don't tell her. "Son Hyejoo."

"My mom knew her parents."

"What?"

"They died though, they were both murdered."

Chaewon shivered.

"My mom always felt bad for there family, they were best friends. Her and Hyejoo's mother of course." Sooyoung tried to smile. "But now they're both together again, in a different world." 

Sooyoung placed a hand on Jiwoo's thigh, really trying her best to smile.

But Chaewon, she wouldn't smile even if she was happy.