twenty-eight

Hyejoo looked over at Jimin sitting alone in the cafeteria, it took awhile to find him but she did eventually. He had his hands in his lap, staring at them as if he was some type of mutant.

He exhaled shortly when he heard footsteps but was glad to see Hyejoo walking up to him.

"Hyejoo," he grinned.

His mood had changed in the past few seconds seeing the girl and he was ultimately challenged on their future conversation.

Hyejoo gave a small nod and continued walking up to him, sitting across from him at the lunch room tables. They weren't too dirty, but in some way they still were.

"I'm g-glad your here," Jimin said, slightly stuttering over his words.

Hyejoo looked forward, not interested in talking much now. Her voice felt drained, but that was probably because she had barely used it before and getting used to talking was a bit higher on the list.

"I kinda have to tell you something about...well you."

Hyejoo attempted to mumble something but stumbled over the tricky pronunciation and gave up on it when she saw Jimins face. He felt bad for her.

"It is?" She ended up quietly whispering to his ability.

"It's a lot...would you like a glass of water?" He asked.

Hyejoo nodded her head, her dry throat was in need of it. 

Jimin slid his untouched glass of water towards her. "So Hyejoo, have you ever thought about ruling a country?"

This time, she shook her head no. She had never thought about that, she was too scared of being hurt knowing it would never happen. 

"Well, that just might be what you were meant to do."