SIX

The week went by quickly and my students had warmed up to Taehyung faster than I had thought they would. Of course, the girls liked him instantly and the boys took just that extra time in liking him. My form class liked him and that was a surprise because they didn't like anyone apart from a few teachers that included myself.

The bell rang for hometime and I stood up stopping my class from running out. They sat back down and started muttering.

"Remember that you have a test on Monday," I said, "Pass mark is 70% and don't pull faces. This is preparing you for your exams. If you fail, you will have to attend after-school tutoring. So, if you don't want that to happen you will revise. You can leave now. Have a good weekend and don't forget to revise"

The class emptied and I put my things in my bag and headed to my office, to finish the last of my marking. I pushed the door open and Taehyung was sitting there. I jumped in fright and he got to his feet.

"I need to talk to you," He said and I sighed "It's nothing to do with my feelings towards you,"

I nodded and sat down "What's wrong?"

"Do you think I'm a good teacher?" He said sitting back down.

"Yes," I said without hesitation "Why do you ask?"

"Because some of the other teachers have been talking," He said, "They said that I only have this job because Jin is useless. He said that since he became the headteacher he has been letting rubbish teachers in and that the head of science only got the job cause she sucks his dick,"

I couldn't help but laugh "Wow. Ok"

"Do you suck his dick?"

My face went bright red "What Jin and I get up to has nothing to do with you! Now, is that all? I have things to mark,"

"Hana," Taehyung said, "What would you say to me asking you on a date?"

"No,"

"Ok. What would you say to me inviting you out for a drink?" He said "Wait, this isn't a date. A few other teachers are going to the pub and I want you to come with us,"

I sighed "Taehyung, as nice as that sounds. The other teachers don't like me. It's as you said, they think I got this job because of my relationship with Jin"

Taehyung shrugged "Then that's their opinion. I think you are the best teacher in this school and that's not because I love you,"

My heart skipped a beat and I cleared my throat "Thank you for the invite. I will think about it,"

Taehyung smiled and got to his feet "I'm glad you've gotten over me kissing you. Although, since that day, I've not stopped thinking of you."

"You can go now," I said.

"Oh, and Hana?" He asked opening the door "I don't think Jin is good enough for you,"

The door closed before I could say anything and I sighed. I picked up my pen and started to mark the work but my phone buzzed. I picked up and heard Jin.

"Hey, Hana," He said, "Where are you?"

"In my office," I said, "What's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to let you know that there is a staff drink tonight. I've not seen much of you this week because of work, so did you want to come and have a drink?"

I almost groaned "Alright. I guess I could"

"Great! I'll send someone to get you so stop marking the work. You can do it over the weekend,"

Jin hung up on me and I sighed, shoving the unmarked work into my bag. I threw it onto my shoulder and opened the door to bump into someone. I quickly apologised and I looked up at Taehyung.

"Great," I said, "You're behind this, aren't you?"

Taehyung just grinned "Maybe. Let's go, Hana. Looks like you could do with some alcohol,"

The pub was full by the time we got there and Taehyung grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the other teachers. As we got closer, I pulled my hand away from Taehyung and went over to Jin. He kissed my cheek and went to buy me a drink.

I heard the other teachers scoff but I ignored them and sat down. Wonho came to sit with me and he elbowed me.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"It's alright. How is the new teacher?"

"Brilliant," Wonho said, "The kids love him and he knows his stuff. He mentioned that you were his teacher 4 years ago,"

"I was," I sighed, "He was always bunking and getting into fights. But I guess he turned things around when I quit,"

"He did mention that," Wonho said, "Hana, you don't look like you want to be here. Is everything ok?"

"I'm just tired," I said and Jin put my drink down in front of me "Thanks,"

Jin sat down and sipped his drink. He rested his hand on my thigh "You don't have to stay late if you don't want to,"

"I'll see how it goes," I said and Jimin joined the table with a big smile.

"So, miss," He said, "What school did you go to after you quit?"

"You don't have to call me that anymore. I'm not your teacher" I said, "And I started working for a girls school for a year and I moved to this school shortly after,"

"The class missed you," Jimin said, "After you left, we all started to study. We felt bad for not paying attention to you"

"Hana has a way with students," Jin said, "She's a good teacher. It's why she is head of science,"

"So that has nothing to do with your relationship?"

Jin smiled "No. Our relationship is private and Hana was the best person to take over the head of science. The other teachers are good, but Hana is the best,"

"How long have you two been together?" Taehyung said making me jump. He sat down at the table and looked at Jin "You seem pretty cosy,"

"Almost a year," Jin said, with a slight frown "Why do you ask?"

"Just making conversation," Taehyung smiled "Anyway, I want to thank you, Hana. Without you turning me down 4 years ago or slapping me after I kissed you, I wouldn't have become a teacher"