TWENTY-EIGHT

Hana

Jungkook was great company. He knew how to make me laugh and distract me from what was going on in my life. At first, he was a little awkward because he said it was strange being friends with an old teacher of his but he eventually started calling me Hana. But it took a few hours.

We sat next to each other on the sofa playing games and Yeontan was sitting by my feet. Every time I got up he was right next to me wagging his cute little tail and I fell in love with the puppy. He was just too cute and he barked at Jungkook for getting too close to me which made me think he was even cuter.

He made sure that I took my painkillers at the right time and he made me food. Every time I got to my feet, Jungkook helped me and at one point in the day, he helped me walk to the bathroom. I hugged him and I felt him tense under my hug, but he hugged me back telling me that everything will get better and Jin would go down for what he did to me.

Jungkook was sitting next to me tapping his foot impatiently and had given up on gaming with me. So I turned the TV on and found something to watch. It was late in the afternoon so the programmes sucked and were pretty boring. I was glad that I worked because my brain would have melted from watching too much daytime TV.

"How long is this food going to take?" Jungkook complained, "I'm so hungry!"

I sighed "You ordered it 5 minutes ago"

"I'm hungry," He said and folded his arms "I should have got you to cook something,"

"There's hardly anything to cook,"

"That's because Taehyung doesn't know how to," He laughed "Your phone is ringing,"

I glanced at the caller ID and sighed "Hey, Namjoon. How are you?"

"Don't worry about me. How are you?"

"I could be better but I'm dealing with it. Did you get to talk with Taehyung?"

Namjoon sighed "Yes. He is wound up so tight right now that he could snap. I happened to see an interaction between him and Jin, and I thought I would have to get involved. But Taehyung walked away,"

"I'm sorry that I wasn't the one to tell you,"

"Don't be silly, Hana. It isn't an easy thing to talk about. I'm just glad that you still see me as a friend,"

The doorbell went and Jungkook ran out of the room, making me roll my eyes.

"I'll speak to you later. I think our food has just turned up,"

"Look after yourself. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask,"

I thanked him and we hung up. I winced as I got to my feet and I stepped into the hall and froze. Jin was standing in front of Jungkook trying to get in and then he saw me. Yeontan sat in front of me and barked, so I picked him up and hugged him to me. I couldn't find my words and Jungkook carried on glaring at Jin.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook said, "You aren't welcome here,"

"I need to speak with Hana," He said, "You can't tell me what I can and can't do either. Hana is my-"

"Ex. A victim," Jungkook said, "And if you don't leave I am going to call the police,"

"Hana, please let me talk to you," Jin begged, "We can talk this over and we can get through this together,"

"I'm calling the-"

"Wait," I said and Jungkook looked at me "I'll talk to him,"

"Are you serious?" He said, "You can't entertain him!"

"You are with me," I said walking forward, "If anything happens, then you can punch him,"

Jungkook sighed and looked over at Jin "If you make any sudden movements, my fist is going straight into your nose,"

"We will see how well that holds up in court then," Jin smirked, "It wouldn't be the first time you have been there for beating someone up,"

"Enough," I said, grabbing hold of Jungkook's hand "What do you want, Jin?"

Jin turned his attention to me "I came to ask you to come home. It's not right without you there, baby. I miss you,"

"You miss beating me up?" I asked quietly and Jungkook squeezed my hand "I will never go back to you Jin. I'm sorry,"

"But we were good for each other," Jin said, "Baby, this is just a problem that we will get through. I can forgive you for cheating on me, so why can't you forgive me for my mistake? I can't live without you,"

"You will have to learn," I said, my heart stuck in my throat "I won't be pushed around, Jin. If I forgive you, it will only happen again,"

"Baby please!" Jin said, tears sitting in his eyes "I love you and I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I'm so sorry. I'll take anger management. I'll get help for you. I promise that I will never hit you again,"

I shook my head and lowered my gaze. I couldn't fall for his tears no matter how much I wanted. It was all fake. If I went back to him the beatings would only get worse. I was scared of him and I thought that everything he had done to me was my fault. But it wasn't. No one should be treated like how I was.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, "I won't go back to you. You broke your promise before and now look at me,"

"Hana, I will change. I will do anything to have you back in my arms," Jin said, "I can't go on without you!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat "No means no,"

"Baby, please,"

"I'm not your baby and I never will be," I said, "You've made your bed so lay in it,"

Jungkook put his hand on the door "It's time to leave. Don't come back and when Hana goes back to work, you need to stay away from her,"

Jin shot a look to Jungkook and then he turned his attention back to me "You have made a mistake, Hana. A big mistake,"