FIFTEEN

The night was going well and I was laughing nonstop. I hadn't realised how funny Namjoon was and the stories that he told me made me almost cry with laughter. He was clumsy and he always had been when I worked with him but some of the stories didn't seem real.

Taehyung and his friends sat with us talking like old friends would. They didn't treat me like their old teacher and I liked that. Apart from Jungkook still calling me Miss Yoon and them bringing up how I upset them when I just left, it was nice to sit with them. I was relaxed around them and it made a change. I was glad that Jin wasn't with me and I was glad that he smashed my phone because I didn't have him calling me every moment of the night or asking where I was.

"Hana," Taehyung said as the others got up to get another drink "You look great. But I need to ask something and I don't want you to get mad,"

"If it is about Jin, then I will walk away,"

Taehyung bit into his lip "Why do you let him do it?"

"It isn't your business, Taehyung," I said softly "And I don't let him do anything. I'm my own person,"

"What did he say to you coming here tonight?"

"I..." I sighed, "Fine. I'll tell you what you want to hear. I told him that I was going out to dinner but I didn't tell him I was coming here because he would have made me stay at home. I won't let him control me. I'm an adult and he is just an asshole"

"Then leave him,"

"I've tried!" I said, "But he just...it doesn't matter. Taehyung, I don't want to talk about him tonight. I'm here to have a little bit of fun and see the people I used to teach. Is it that hard to ask?"

"No, I just worry about you," Taehyung said, "Jin doesn't deserve someone as good as you. I also know why you wore a long-sleeved dress. The bruises are still visible, aren't they?"

I looked at my wrists "Can we not talk about this please?"

"Sorry," Taehyung said, "I didn't mean to upset you. Anyway, Jimin was right,"

"About what?"

"You got hotter with age," Taehyung winked at me and my face burnt "Wow. I like that reaction. You didn't blush with Jimin but you did with me,"

"Oh my god," I said, "Shut up!"

"You like me, don't you?" Taehyung grinned and moved closer to me "Just admit it. You like me more than you wanted to. Right?"

I sighed "If you don't leave me alone Taehyung, I will drop my drink on you"

Taehyung laughed "Just admit that you like me and I will leave you alone,"

I rolled my eyes "You're alright, I guess"

"You guess?" Taehyung smiled "I'll take that but if your feelings change in any way, you know where to find me. Just give me a call,"

"I don't have a phone," I muttered, "Where are the boys with my drink?"

"Why don't you have a phone?"

"It was involved in an accident and it couldn't be saved"

"Let me guess," Taehyung said, his smile dropping from his face "The accident involved Jin smashing it against the wall?"

"Maybe,"

"I don't want you to go home to him tonight," He said, "Find someone else to go home with,"

I looked at him "Like who? I need to go home but I won't be sharing the same bed as him,"

"I think you should just leave his stupid ass because no one deserves to be treated like a piece of shit," Taehyung said folding his arms "Nobody is perfect but that doesn't mean they can-hey Jungkook. Did you get my drink?"

Jungkook looked down at me "Yeah, I did. Miss Yoon, can I talk to you please?"

"Need help to get a girlfriend?" Taehyung asked and I elbowed him "Sorry,"

"I had a girlfriend but she was a cheat, so I dumped her," Jungkook said, "It's not girl problems. It's about your boyfriend,"

"I understand that you want to help," I said, "But I can handle it"

"So, has he hit you yet?" He asked and when I didn't reply he sighed "I knew it. I told you that it would get worse, didn't I? You may think that you have control over what happens, but a slap here and there is the least of your problems. It will get worse,"

I swallowed the painful lump in my throat "I know but it's hard to leave,"

"Then don't go home," Taehyung said, "Knowing that he hit you is making me want to knock on his door and beat the shit out of him. But out of respect for you, I'm not doing it,"

"I don't have an issue in doing it," Jungkook said sitting down "He isn't my boss and I hate men that beat up on people. Especially women,"

I smiled "I'm looking for a new place to live. Don't worry. By the end of the week, I'm gone and I won't be going back to him. I just have to deal with the consequences of me leaving. If it gets worse I will go to the police and let them deal with it. I'm not weak"

"I didn't say you were weak," Jungkook said, "You need all the support you need. When you leave it will be great, but he will still want that control. He will message you all the time, he will want to have you again and he will do anything to have that control over you again,"

"I don't want to be the scared little girl he wants me to be," I said downing my drink "If I stay there any longer, then it will get out of control and if you ever tell anyone that he has hit me, we are going to have problems"

"Your secret is safe," Taehyung said, "But that still doesn't mean I don't want to beat him up"

"Agree," Jungkook said, "Are you going back to him tonight?"

I nodded "I have no choice. I would stay with my sister, but she is away with her husband and I don't have the house key. Trust me. I'll be fine"