TWENTY-SEVEN

Taehyung

The class were being a pain in the ass and I was starting to lose my patience with them. I was stilled pissed off that Jin was walking around the school acting as nothing had happened, Hana was stuck at my place scared that he was going to knock on the door and beat the shit out of her.

I had tried to reassure her that it wasn't going to happen because I was going to look after her. Her friends had already told her that Jin couldn't do a thing because now the police were involved. I didn't want her home alone so I managed to persuade Jungkook to stay with her until I got home from work. He could do his work from anywhere and I knew that if Jin did show up at the door, he would deal with it.

"Mr Kim?" Jisung said sticking his hand in the air "Where is Miss Yoon?"

"She's off sick," I said.

"Why?"

"Why do you need a reason?" I asked, "She's sick and can't come to work,"

"Well, I saw her a few days ago and it looked like she was jumped,"

My heart jumped into my throat and I looked up at him "Is that right?"

He nodded "Is she ok?"

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair "She's fine. As much as she can be but just get on with your work. You guys are pissing me off so much today,"

"That's because Miss Yoon isn't here," Jaehyun grinned, "Man, if she was here I would do my work,"

"I can always call her and tell her that her favourite class aren't listening to me?" I said, "Because I'm sure she'd be just as-"

"We'll carry on with our work," He said quickly, "And she is sick. You can't disturb her,"

There was a knock on the door and I gritted my teeth at the sight of Jin. He pushed the door open and the class stopped talking.

"Mr Kim," He said, "A word,"

"I'm teaching," I said, "I have a free lesson after this. We can talk then, sir,"

I saw him clench his fists "Now, Mr Kim,"

I calmed my breathing down and nodded "When I get back into this room, I want all questions to be finished. We will discuss the answers after,"

The class nodded but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I stepped outside the room and saw them all get up to look at the talk between Jin and me. It took all the strength I had inside me not to knock his teeth out so I folded my arms to stop me from lashing out. I was an adult now and if I punched him, I'd be in trouble. Not just with the police but with Hana as well.

"What can I do for you?" I said.

"I want to talk to Hana," He said.

"Not going to happen," I said, "If you don't want to talk about work, then there is no reason for you to talk to me,"

"Hana has always been a liar," Jin said, "You'll find that out sooner or later. She will always come back to me, Taehyung,"

I glared at him "You better stop talking out of your ass. Hana will never go back to you. Why would she want to be with someone who beats her? If you want to speak to me again, you can call my lawyer,"

Jin's eyes widened slightly and I stepped back into my classroom, slamming the door shut. My students rushed back to their seats and pretended that they were working. I sat at the desk and tapped my foot on the floor, feeling irritated. I cleared my throat and got back to my feet.

"If you haven't finished the questions, you can complete them as homework. If you have, hand them in now," I said, "You can relax for the rest of the lesson,"

No one said anything, but the few students that finished handed the papers over and rushed back to their seats. It took a few minutes before they started talking to each other and I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. I pulled my phone out and messaged Hana to see how she was.

She responded quickly and told me that she was fine, but in pain. The hospital had given her strong painkillers and said that she was lucky she didn't have any broken bones. The bruises were bad but were healing well. The police had turned up with Yoongi leading them and photos were taken. Hana had to sit with them for hours to make a statement so they could build a case against Jin.

I had spoken to my parents and asked if they could lend me some money to hire a lawyer but then they asked me questions and I had to tell them what was going on. I had never gotten on with my parents as a kid because they were never there. They weren't bad parents they were always working and I saw them rarely. But as an adult, they always called me to see if I was ok and my mum was constantly asking me if I had a girlfriend.

So when I told her about Hana, they were more than happy to help me. But then I had to introduce them to Hana and I wasn't sure what our relationship was. I was worried that she wasn't interested in me like I was her. I mean, I hadn't asked her what she thought of me and I knew I should, but with what was going on I didn't want to pressure her. Hana needed to relax and think about herself.

"Mr Kim?"

"Yeah?"

"Did the headteacher beat Miss Yoon up?"

I looked up at everyone looking at me and I had no idea what to say. What was I meant to tell them? That their headteacher was a total prick and beats up on women? The case hadn't gone to court so I couldn't say anything just yet so I thought of another answer.

"No," I lied, "Someone else did that and before you ask about her relationship status, Jeno, she is single but isn't looking for another boyfriend. Especially a kid,"

"Shit. Oh well. She's still hot single or taken" Jeno said, "Sir, can we send her a get well card?"

I found myself smiling "I think she'd like that"