EIGHT

I had barely slept the night before and I had woken up early, just so I could shower and meet my friend. Jin was still fast asleep and didn't wake up when I grabbed my clothes and makeup. By the time I was ready to leave, I could hear movement from the bedroom but I left without going to see him.

I was still angry at how he reacted and it was unacceptable. I was his girlfriend not his possession and he had no right to treat me like a piece of shit, just because he was drunk and jealous. I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about what happened and I had a feeling he would use the alcohol as an excuse because alcohol had never affected him like that before.

It didn't take too long to get to the cafe I was meeting my friend at, and when I walked in, he smiled brightly and waved me over. I smiled and greeted him with a hug. I ordered myself something to eat and drink and I pulled my glasses off.

"Wow," He said, "Not to be rude, but you look like shit,"

I sighed, "Thanks. I don't feel any better than I look,"

"What's up?" He asked, "You look like you need to talk,"

I felt my eyes burn with tears and I nodded "Jin acted like a complete asshole last night,"

"Hmm," Shownu said, "What happened?"

"Do you remember that student I had spoken to you about?" I asked, "When I first became a teacher?"

"You've spoken to me about a lot of students, Hana,"

"The one that kissed me," I mumbled.

"Oh. That one. What about him?"

"He's now a teacher where I work. A science teacher," I said, "And a group of teachers went out last night and he was there with Jimin his friend."

"Wait," Shownu said, "The two boys that made most of your lessons harder? Wow. I didn't see them being teachers. I thought they hated school and teachers,"

"That's what I thought," I said, "Anyway, Taehyung decided to drop the past into the conversation and Jin got angry. Really angry,"

"Did he hit someone?"

"No," I said, "But he hurt me,"

Shownu's face darkened as I carried on telling him what had happened and when I finished I was trying not to cry. He moved to the seat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders, rubbing the top of my arm.

"Don't bother crying over that jerk," Shownu said, "How could he react like that?"

"He was just jealous," I sniffed and I wiped my eyes, "He said he was sorry and he overreacted"

"Overreacted? Hana, he put his hands on you forcefully and you can't hide those bruises on your arms,"

I glanced down "Nothing gets past you,"

"Hana. We went to school together and university together," He said, "You are practically a sister to me, so I am going to ask you this. Do you want me to beat the shit out of him?"

I laughed and shook my head "No. It's alright. But I will have to face him at one point today. We should really talk about what happened."

"Do you want me there? The rest of my day is free,"

"It's fine. Honestly," I smiled, "Let's just eat our food when it gets here and we can catch up"

Shownu sighed "If you say so,"

The waitress wandered over with our food and Shownu sat back in his seat, and we tucked in talking about what we had been up to. The food went down a treat especially after my awful night of attempted sleep.

"How is it going with that girl you've been seeing?" I asked, "Last time we saw each other you were telling me that it was pretty serious"

Shownu nodded "She is meeting my parents next week. Mum is overexcited and my dad wants to know what food she likes so he can cook her a feast"

"That's cute," I said, "Will I get to meet her?"

"At some point, yeah," Shownu said, "Can I ask you a serious question?"

"Sure," I said, "Wait, let me order some pudding. I'll be right back,"

"I'll have cheesecake," Shownu said as I walked up to the counter.

The girl took my order and I handed my money over. As I waited for the change, I heard a group of boys stand behind me and I recognised their voices. My heart leapt into my throat and I didn't want to turn around. 

"Here's your change," The girl said, "I'll bring the food over for you"

"Thank you," I said and I took a step to the side, before turning but it was no use. They had already seen me.

"Miss Yoon?"

I sighed and turned to look at Jungkook "Jungkook. What a lovely surprise"

He grinned widely "You could say that. Shit. Tae, you were right. She is still hot"

Taehyung smacked Jungkook in the chest before turning to me "Hana, about last night,"

"I'd rather not talk about it," I said, turning away "Enjoy your lunch boys,"

"Wait," He said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought that up in front of your boyfriend and I'm sorry that you had to leave early"

"Out of curiosity, why did you bring it up?"

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck "I don't know. Probably because I was just jealous that you are with that guy and he had his hand on your thigh"

"Tae still has the hots for you miss," Jungkook said, "Do you know how happy he was when he found out that he was teaching in the same school as you?"

"I can only imagine," I muttered and I sighed, "I told myself that I'd rip you a new one because what you did was bang out of order and you caused me some problems"

Taehyung winced "You still can. I deserve it for being childish,"

"But," I said, "You sound and look like you are sorry. So, I will forgive you"

"Thank you, Hana!" He said pulling me into a hug "I really am sorry,"

I pushed him away "But if you ever lay your hands on me again, I will punch you and trust me, the last time I slapped you was nothing,"

Taehyung lifted his hands up "Understood. I keep my hands to myself,"

"Good," I said "Now, if you don't mind, I will be getting back to my friend. Bye boys,"

"Bye Miss Yoon!" Jungkook said loudly and waving like an idiot. I sighed and went back to Shownu who was smirking into his drink.

"Don't say a word," I said, flicking him on the head. I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it from my bag and I dropped my shoulders "I've missed 20 calls from Jin,"

"Ignore him," Shownu said, "He needs to know what he did was disgusting,"

"I know," I said, "But I feel bad"

"Hana," Shownu said, "He put his hands on you and he hurt you. He doesn't deserve your feeling of guilt. Make the bastard suffer."