FOURTEEN

The week had gone by quickly and I still didn't pack my things and leave Jin. I think I was too scared to leave. I never understood how someone could stay in a toxic relationship, one where they lost their freedom and their partner was a complete jackass. But I guess it's easier said than done. It's harder to leave someone who you are scared of. 

When I first got with him, he didn't show any signs of being nasty or raising a hand to me. But I suppose I never did anything to upset him. I kept thinking that it was my fault that he was like that but I knew it wasn't me. It was him. It was his insecurities and he was just upset with the way I acted.

Who was I fooling?

Jin had control of me and I didn't want it. I knew that if I fought back he would hit me harder and I didn't want to be smacked around. I could handle being yelled at but when he hit me it was like he knocked the sense out of me and I stayed with him. I still hadn't told him about the reunion and I didn't want to tell him. I was still thinking of an excuse but I came up with nothing.

"Hana, where are you going?" Jin asked when I reached the bottom of the stairs "And why the hell are you wearing a dress?"

"I'm going out to dinner," I said.

"With who?" Jin asked, folding his arms "Did I say you can go out?"

"Jin, I'm allowed a life," I said quietly, "Why does it matter who I go out with? I'm a grown lady and-"

"Don't make me ask again,"

There was a beep outside signalling that my cab had arrived and I grabbed my jacket, moving around Jin. He went to grab me but I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Don't touch me, Jin," I said, "I'll be back later,"

"Hana," He said "Don't walk away from me. I want to-"

I slammed the door on his face and quickly walked to the cab. I closed the door and it pulled away from the side of the road and I looked back at Jin standing in the front garden. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath.

I wasn't going to let him ruin my night.

By the time I arrived, the hall was packed and I saw a bunch of my old students chatting with each other. I smiled to myself and headed to the bar to get myself the strongest drink available. I ordered one and I turned to lean on the bar, to look around to see if I could find someone familiar.

"Hana?"

I looked up at the voice and I smiled widely "Namjoon? Oh my god! How are you?"

Namjoon pulled me into a hug "I'm well. You look great. How are you?"

"I'm good," I said, "Are you still teaching at this school?"

"Yeah. I'm head of the English department now," He smiled, "Hana, you look fantastic. You must be happy at your new school. I honestly didn't think that you would come tonight"

"Why's that?"

"When you left I didn't hear from you," He said, "I thought you moved to a different country"

"Sometimes I wished I did," I said with a sigh "Anyway! What's been going on with you? Still with your girlfriend?"

He blushed "I am. In fact, we are getting married,"

"No way," I said "Congratulations. Do you have a date?"

It was so embarrassing bumping into my old students and them reminding me how hot I was when I started to teach them. Then remind me that I only got better within the 4 years of me seeing them. In the end, I had to excuse myself because I couldn't deal with them.

I made my way back to Namjoon who was talking to Taehyung and Jimin. Namjoon looked up when he saw me walking over and he smiled.

"There she is," Namjoon said, "You remember these boys, don't you?"

"I work with them," I said, "Taehyung is shadowing me for a few more weeks before he is given his own classes"

"Seriously?" Namjoon said, "Wow. I guess you really did whip them into shape. A science teacher. I never would have thought it from Taehyung. No offence of course,"

"None taken," Taehyung smiled "Hana really knocked me into shape."

"Can I go vomit please?" Jimin said, "Hana, can you just knock his teeth out?"

I laughed "No. Hitting people isn't really my thing"

"Does anyone want a drink?" Namjoon asked before rushing to the bar.

"Hana," Jimin said putting his hands on my shoulders "I'm just going to come out and say it, so don't go red in the face"

I sighed "Just say it"

"You look fucking hot," Jimin grinned and I rolled my eyes "I had no idea that you had this body and you should stop hiding it under those clothes you wear to work"

"Thanks, I guess," I muttered.

"No worries," Jimin smiled, "I knew you were hot in school, but you just got hotter the older you got"

"That's not the first time I've heard that tonight," I sighed "Did you tell everyone in your class to tell me that?"

"What?" Jimin said, "No. I've only just got here"

"Oh. Well, everyone has told me that tonight," I rolled my eyes "No Jungkook tonight?"

"He's caught up," Taehyung said and I noticed that his eyes weren't on my face "Something about seeing his brother to the airport. He should be here in the next hour"

I nodded and looked back at Jimin who still had his hands on my shoulders "You can let me go now,"

"What if I want to have a dance with you?"

"I'll say no because I don't dance,"

"Ah man," Jimin sighed and dropped his hands "I guess I'll have to deal with being rejected,"

I rolled my eyes "I think Namjoon might need help with carrying the drinks. Oh, would you look at that? He has already dropped one,"