Moving Out

//Your POV//

After we all ate breakfast and some of us took showers, we all hopped in the van to Max's place to start moving him out.

It was pretty cool of everyone that they wanted to pitch in, even celeryy who usual stays upstairs most of the day.

First we stopped at a moving facility where we decided to rent a truck and bought a bunch of boxes, and a tape roller.

I climbed into the truck along with Max while the others stayed in the van.

The point of the truck was so that we could have more places to put the boxes while there was more room in the van.

We soon drove up in front of Max's house.

"Wait here," He told all of us.

In the meantime, I tried to open the back of the truck while the others put down the seats in the van.

Max walked back over to me, and must've noticed me standing on the bumper, struggling to pull the back door up.

He got on he bumper too and helped me pull it up, his strength getting it to the top.

I jumped down, "Thanks."

"No problem," He nodded.

"So are we ready to get started?"

———

After at least an hour of packing boxes, and putting them in the van, we started to put some in the truck.

"We're gonna go take this to the house. If you need us for more room, call us," Logan said.

"Alright. See ya guys in a bit," Max waved.

Blake then pulled me aside so we were away from where Max would hear us, "We're gonna start setting up a party. Try to invite some of your old camp friends. Try to be back to the house by 4. Don't come before 4."

"Okay, got it," I nodded.

Blake was always a master party planners and threw bomb parties.

We brought the boxes downstairs, I couldn't help but notice Max's parents staring at us.

Not a word, just staring.

I accidentally made eye contact with his father, causing him to narrow his eyes at me, making me speed up my pace.

Max must've noticed how shaken I was while we were putting the last boxes in.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"I'm fine, just a little tired, heheh."

Max obviously didn't buy it, "Did they say something to you?"

"No, it's..just a little uncomfortable with them staring."

"Don't worry about them. They're just nosey fucks," He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay.." I nodded.

———

After 2 grueling hours, we were done.

As I buckled my seat belt in the car, I noticed small tears in Max's eyes, while he smiled.

I wanted to wipe them away but I figured that'd be weird so I decided against it.

"I'm proud of you, Max."

"Thanks Y/n..honestly I couldn't have done it without you," He wipes his eyes and chuckled a little bit.

As I was driving, I got response from the group chat I made for the party consisting of Nikki, Neil, and David.

I was on the fence with inviting David but I remembered he's basically a dad to Max, so whatever.

Plus, it's good to have someone who could take care of everyone while we're piss drunk.

All of them responded to the party, with Nikki and David Car pooling and Neil taking the bus.

I asked Gwen but she said that she was feeling under the weather and it was best if just David went.

As I was driving, Blake called me.

I put the phone to me ear, since we were at a stop sign anyways and no cops were around, "Whaaat??"

"Yo, Y/n, emergency! We're fresh out of alcohol."

"Alright. I reckon that you want me to pick some up?"

"Yeah. Just get a big bottle of fireball so we can do shots and maybe some tequila."

"Oh! Get some Jack!" I heard Marie from the background.

"And some Jack Daniels," Blake added.

"Got it, I'll grab some beer while I'm at it."

"That's the ticket! Thanks Y/n!"

"No problem."

I hung up and asked Max, "What's the nearest liquor store?"

"There's one a block from here. Why?"

"We just thought we'd have a few drinks in celebration, Ya know?"

"Ah."