A Day in the life of Y/n L/n

⚠️Later in the chapter, there will be a part where you will have to get a child out of an abusive home. If themes like abuse, drug addicts, and violence upset you, I suggest you skip this chapter and/or the part where I let you know it will begin. Reader discretion is advised.⚠️

//Your POV//

- 5:30 AM -

"Welcome to Dunkin'. May I take your order?"

"Yes can I have a large coffee with *whatever y'all put in your coffee*?" I told the person behind the mic, reading off the menu.

"Of course. Anything else?"

"No, that's it," I told her.

"That will be $4.00, Please pull up to the next window."

I drove up, paid and got my coffee.

I sipped my energy blend as I drove down the highway to the CPS station.

I begged to whatever god was up there that today would be an easy day, my head still pulsing.

As I pulled into the driveway, I showed my ID to the checkpoint officer for the station,  I made a little chit chat with him.

"Woah, L/n. You look like you just crawled out of hell."

"I feel like I did. Hangover."

"Really? What's the occasion?" He inquired.

"My friend just moved into my house with my other roommates and I so we threw a party for him since he's been a little..down in the dumps lately."

"That's sweet of you. Thoughtful as always. Have a good day, L/n!" Bob smiled.

"You too, Bob," I nodded as I rolled up my window.

- 6:00 AM -

After clocking in at the front desk, I hopped into my work car, leaving my personal one in the employee parking lot.

Before I began to drive, I checked my monitor to see what I had to do today for the regular schedule before I was called on any jobs.

"Check on the Jacksons..." I read aloud.

This was normal, having to to check on families I worked with in the past, seeing if the living conditions were fine and if everything was okay.

I typed the address for the home into my Navigation system and began driving.

The town was about 15 minutes away, not far.

- After the inspection, 6:40 AM -

I sent my report through my monitor that the inspection was complete success.

The home was a safe environment and the new parents were kind and caring.

The children had nothing bad to report.

Feeling satisfied with my response, I sent it to my employers, and looked for what was next in my schedule.

Most of things I needed to do were miscellaneous, such as check on other families, inspect homes and other things.

Today was going to be a loooong day.

- 9:59 AM -

Finally, it was break time.

I drove up to some fast food place and got something to eat.

As I ate the food, I checked my phone.