Other conversation

Mike's pov

Lisa agreed with me that a private session with Dr. Evans might be a good idea. When I filled Dr. Evans in on the conversation/meltdown Lisa had in the lobby, she insisted on seeing her right away. Shane dropped us off at the Center and then drove back to wait for Lisa. He wanted to have some time alone with her and figured the drive home from Dr. Evans's office after her session would be the perfect opportunity.

Dr. Evans's pov

Mike didn't know that I was already acutely aware of what happened to Lisa's parents, for a reason other than having been presented with her file as the Center's psychiatrist. Lisa's mother was a patient of mine, one I would never forget. I still haven't forgiven myself for missing the signs of suicidal ideation in her mother. I blame myself for her death. The least I can do is help her daughter cope.

The drive home

Shane's pov

"So how was your session with Dr. Evans?" I ask, hoping to open up the lines of communication.

"Okay, I guess." Lisa shrugs and stares out the window.

Good talk. Let me try coming at this from another angle.

"Please tell me what's worrying you, Lisa. Please," I beg.

After what feels like an eternity, Lisa finally responds, "What happens when you meet some lady and she wants to get married and move into a house together and then she wants to have a baby?"

Without letting me answer, she continues, "You won't want us anymore. That's what'll happen, 'cause we'll just be in the way." Lisa continues to stare out the window. She sounds so sad.

"I hope you know, that would never happen, Lisa. If you're uncomfortable with the thought of me having a girlfriend, I simply won't date right now."

"That's just it. I don't want things to change but you shouldn't have to put your life on hold because of us. That's not fair to you."

"Put my life on hold?" I ask, in disbelief.

Lisa nods yes

"What do you mean, put my life on hold? Don't you know, luv, you and your sisters ARE my life."

Mike's pov

Now that Shane and Lisa are back, I head over to the girls' room to take care of some unfinished business.

"Lisa, we need to have that other conversation we discussed in the lobby today," I say sternly. "Come with me please."

I see the fear in her eyes when she registers the conversation I'm referring to.

"Now!" I say, in a tone that leaves no room for interpretation.

She hesitates only for a moment, knowing that delaying the inevitable will not bode well for her.

I usher her into my room and close the door.

"I'm not going to punish you for cursing in Dr. Evans's office."

I see the look of surprise on her face.

"Yes, I know about that, Lisa but not because Dr. Evans told me. What you say in session is private but you weren't exactly quiet when you screamed it at her. You are, however..." I cross my arms and glare at her disapprovingly.  "...going to be spanked for cursing at me. Using language like that is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated! Do I make myself clear?"

"Yep, crystal," Lisa says, full of attitude.

"I'd tread very lightly if I were you." I grab her chin and force her to look me in the eye. "Would you care to rephrase your response?"

"No!" she says defiantly.

I narrow my eyes at her. 

"Alright, let's begin." Honestly, her defiant responses and rebellious attitude are exactly what I expected. I know she needs this and she does too. I grab my desk chair, take a seat and yank Lisa across my lap, giving her a close up view of the floor. I rest my right hand on her back. I know she won't fight this. I don't need to hold her in place.

Despite what it looks like, I'm not a monster for punishing her for cursing when she just had an emotional meltdown while recalling the death of her parents. I know she needs this punishment as a catharsis, to let go of the anger and grief she's had bottled up inside.

I give her a minute to anticipate what's to come. I take a deep breath and start spanking her hard and fast. My hand is stinging severely, much like her bottom, from the force of each smack. I don't slow my pace as I continue to rapidly rain down smacks on her ever reddening bottom. Tears are streaming down her face but Lisa remains still and silent. I give her ten more hard smacks in the crease between her buttocks and upper thighs. Her body is no longer tense. I know we're almost done.

"These extra ten are for your disrespectful attitude. You will count them out followed by sir. Do I make myself clear?" I ask, giving her a particularly hard spank on alternating cheeks with each syllable.

"Yes sir," she says, through gritted teeth.

All of these ten smacks are going to be concentrated on her sit spots and each will be harder than the last.

SMACK

"One sir."

SMACK

"Two sir." She inhales sharply.

SMACK

"Three sir." I hear the strain in her voice.

SMACK

"Four sir." 

SMACK

"Five sir." She's fighting the urge to cry out in pain.

The last five are rapid fire, barely allowing time to count inbetween.

After I hear, "Ten sir," I lift her up off my lap, stand her in front of me and wipe the tears from her face.

"Do you have something you'd like to say to me, Lisa?"

She responds without any trace of attitude, her spirit cleansed, "I'm sorry for cursing at you, Mike."

I pull her close, wrapping my arms around her and holding her against my chest.

"I know, baby, I know," I say softly, before I give her one more swat and send her to her room to cry it out.