Progress reports part 2

Mike's room

Julie's pov

Well, here we go again. Now Mike and Shane can blow this whole stupid progress report thing totally out of proportion. Nevermind the fact that my only poor academic mark is for handwriting. What a joke. I'm sure I won't hear any praise for my grades though, I'll just get punished for all the perceived behavioral atrocities. I stop pacing the floor when Shane enters. Guess he drew the short straw.

"Take a seat, Julie," Shane points to Mike's bed.

I sit down in a huff, cross my arms, and scowl at Shane.

"Lose the attitude, luv, you brought this on yourself." Shane raises an eyebrow, daring me to challenge his authority. What he says next completely unnerves me. "First, I want to praise you for your excellent academic performance. Your grades are fantastic, Julie. Thank you for all your hard work studying and completing your assignments on time. Maybe just slow down a little when you're writing so your lettering is a tad neater. Okay?" Shane gives me a warm smile and pats my knee.

My mouth is hanging open in shock. Damn him! There goes my righteous indignation. He's making it really difficult to dislike him at this moment. Stupid British charm, so disarming. Now what am I supposed to do? Accept responsibility for my actions and gracefully endure the consequences? He's so unreasonable sometimes.

"Unfortunately, I also need to address the behavioral component of your progress report, which is not so good. Mike will also be discussing this with you after he attends the conference with your teacher."

"Wait a second." I'm worried after processing what Shane just said. "Let me get this straight.  You're going to punish me now for my poor behavior marks on my progress report and then Mike is going to punish me again in three days for the same thing?"

Shane hesitates before replying, "Not exactly." He looks away and rubs the back of his neck.

"This is bullshit! You're an asshole!" I'm so pissed off right now, I'm not even afraid of the consequences for cursing.

"JULIE ELIZABETH! How dare you use that kind of language!" Shane is incensed, to say the least.

Seeing the angry look on his face and hearing the icy tone of his voice, snaps me back to reality. What the hell was I thinking swearing in front of Shane? What he does next brings tears to my eyes and paralyzes me with fear. Shane unbuckles his belt and pulls it through the loops right quick. I'll never forget the whooshing sound the leather made whipping through the fabric of his belt loops. That sound is forever ingrained in my memory. I know this time he's going to follow through. He's not going to back down. My heart races, I can't breathe. My stomach twists in knots and my voice catches in my throat as I see him fold his belt over. He snaps it loudly, making me jump.

"Stand up and bend over the bed, Julie." He's so eerily calm right now, it's frightening.

I want to protest but my mouth betrays me. I can't form the words. I slowly stand and turn away from him and his piercing glare. He places his left hand on my lower back and holds me in place, bent over the bed. I hear him raise his right arm and breathe in deeply before striking my bottom with that cruel piece of leather.

SMACK

My entire body jerks forward from the sheer force of that first stroke. I've often wondered what it would feel like, having never been spanked with a belt. I no longer have to wonder. My ass now knows the blinding intense pain firsthand. It takes a minute for the burn to take effect.

SMACK

I definitely feel it after the second stroke. The first one didn't sting nearly this bad.

SMACK