That in itself is worthy

Lisa's pov

After we leave Dean Banfeld's office, I can barely keep up with Mike as he's walking to the car. It's obvious he's beyond furious. 

"Mike, I'm..." I stop mid sentence when Mike abruptly turns around and gives me a look so cold, it could freeze the Tropics.

"What?" he asks, seething.

"Uh, nevermind," I say quickly, not wanting to poke the very short tempered angry bear currently standing in front of me.

"That's what I thought," Mike growls, getting behind the wheel and slamming the car door.

The ride home was interminable even though in reality it took about eleven minutes. We sat in complete silence. Mike had a death grip on the steering wheel the entire time. I couldn't help but feel that's how tightly he would be gripping my throat, given the opportunity to strangle me.

"Wait for me here," Mike said, as we entered his room.

"Where are you go..." Mike turned and glared at me so I immediately stopped talking.

"Where am I going? Is that what you were going to ask, Lisa?"

I just look down and nod, afraid anything I say will only make things worse.

"I'M GOING BACK TO WORK, LISA!" He's yelling now. "You know, just ONCE I would like to have a week go by where I don't get called to the dean's office to pick up one of my delinquent children. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?"

No way I'm answering that question.

"I expect to find you sitting in that chair when I get back and so help me God if you're not. At that time the four of us are going to have a lengthy conversation about the perils of fighting."

"Four?" I question quietly.

"You, me, Shane, and MY BELT," Mike clarifies, before walking out, slamming the door behind him.

Well fuck me. Looking at my watch, it's only 1:55pm. I have at least three hours, maybe four before Mike and Shane get back. This blows. I'm gonna kill Stacey. This is all her fault. It would serve her right if I told Mike and Shane about her new boyfriend. Who am I kidding? I would never do that.

I head over to one of the common rooms to kill some time before I have to be back in Mike's room. After watching tv for a couple hours, I decide to go to my room and see what the girls are up to. I fill them in on the fight but leave out the parts about Lauren talking smack about Stacey.

Around 4:30pm I start getting antsy and decide to go back to Mike's room in case they leave work early. As I'm opening Mike's bedroom door, a hand reaches above me and slams it shut, scaring the crap out of me.

"Geez what the he..." I stop myself when I turn and see an incredibly upset Mike looming over me. Shit! They left work really early.

"You seem to be having a hard time following the rules lately, Lisa. Why is that?" Mike is leaning over me, holding his door closed with his left hand. He's standing so close, l can smell the cinnamon from the mints he keeps in his car. I try to step back but I'm already pressed up against his door. Feeling incredibly intimidated right now, I hold my breath and wait for Mike to make the next move.

"I thought I told you to be sitting in the chair in my room when I returned from work or there'd be consequences. Did I not? Was I not clear?"

Is that a question or a statement? I swear Mike does this on purpose. There is no correct response to that statement, or if there is I have no idea what that response would be.

"I don't know what you want me to say, Mike. I really don't." I don't want to play this game. It's a game I know I can't win.

Mike slides his left hand down and opens the door.