masquerade

for the whole night i just wander around the room like a ghost, not knowing a soul, their masks made it even harder to recognise them.

some did not recognise me, and some did and they greeted me with a small smile indicating their politeness. however, none of them approached me for small talk, thankfully.

i only stood there at the corner of the gigantic convention hall owned by my father taking a glass of drink. i'm so damn bored..

i was just scanning throught the crowd when i
suddenly i heard a man scolding one of the waitresses. his voice seemed familliar but i couldn't put my finger on who that was as the guy's face was covered by a mask. what do you expect? it's a masked party. worst concept my dad can ever choose for a party with strangers, at least for me they are strangers.. but the benefit is.. people didn't recognize me.

"i'm so sorry sir!" the waitress squeaked. frightful of what she had done.

i recognized a blotch on the guy's suit.

"don't you have eyes? don't you know how much this suit cost?!" he said raising up his voice. he was glaring at the waitress. the scene reminded me of a predator ready to pounce at the weak.

i know i shouldn't be getting into their problem but i couldn't help it.. it's my dad's party. don't want anybody ruining it for him. plus people are starting to feel uncomfortable, unsure of what they're supposed to do. that's why i muster all the courage that i can.

"uhh.. sir? please stop.." i said standing up in the middle of the two.

"what're you doing?! it's not your problem!" he said sharply.

"uhm.." i said biting my lips.

"accidents may happen sir. this waitress didn't purposely spill anything on you. can you please not make it a bigger problem.. please. it's a party, sir.. you should enjoy it." i explained my hand shaking a little. but i held it into a fist to stop the shivering.

"you're lucky this time, waitress." he said angrily before leaving.

"thankyou, miss... i'm sorry for the trouble i've caused you." the waitress said.

i took off my mask to speak with her properly.

"no worries.." i said smilling at her.

"whaaa... you're the chairman's daughter! i didn't know that you would be so generous! no offence.. thankyou so muchh!!" she said bowing continously.

"stop it.. it's okay.. i'm just trying to make this party a more.. comfortable one.. be careful next time" i said smilling at her.

she bowed and i bowed back before leaving to go to the restroom. i took off my heels on the way. ughh it hurts.

suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder.

"taehee-ya! you okay?"

"오모, 깜짝이야[oh, you startled me]!" i yelled.

then, my eyes widened. "hyunjin? you're back?!" i was startled that my best friend was finally back from studying in the states. my face lightened up at once. "i missed youuu!!" i hugged him but then straightened up," why didn't you tell me you're coming back?!" i said hitting him.

"ow! ow! ow!that hurts stahpp!!" he said holding my hands to stop me from hitting him. "i wanted to surprise you. and it worked." his smirk showed up on his handsome face. "but really.. you okay?"

i nodded," my legs just hurt from standing up too long in these heels.. being a woman is hard."

"you'll get used to it." hyunjin patted my back. "learn to be a woman!" he said smirking smugly which caused him to get another hit from me.

a/n:
yow yow yoww!! it's meee!! i managed to post another episodee!!

and i added hyunjin as taehee's bestfriend/childhood friend.. eheh

hope you like itt ❤️❤️

please vote and comment💫

love y'all!!