nostalgia

a response was given a few seconds later. this was followed with the details of where this scheme was going to be initiated and how. yuna was going to make hyebin take a picture of beomgyu and yuna doing something intimate. either her kissing him. or them hugging each other. she'll work out a plan. but for now, that was the main idea of the plan. a harmless trick to spark jealousy. jealousy will be the one that'll reduce their relationship down to nothing more than ash and dust.

the car parked in the parking lot, the two strolled together into the mall. a noticable distance separating them like a rift. i don't like this. she thought. "so.. what're you planning to do?" beomgyu broke the silence first, lifting yuna's spirit up. she knew that he was feeling gloomy, especially now that he was separated from his phone. but his loss was her win, in this case. she bit her lower lip trying her best to hold her smile "you'll see~" she answered joyfully.

she tugged him by the arm. he was well too aware of their touching skin but she was not letting go any moment soon. yuna held onto beomgyu's hand as if her life depended on it. she was scanning her surrounding. the fountain pouring water from the top. the sound of splashing water feeling their ears. she feigned an interest to the fountain before focusing on the cafe near it where she told hyebin to standby. beomgyu did not notice her suspicious behaviour. there. yuna saw the short dark hair and petite figure of yu hyebin staring at the pair. she was wearing a black cap covering her head and a mask covering half of her mask. hyebin gave her a thumbs up and yuna smiled. "oppa, do you want anything?" yuna asked, channeling her attention to beomgyu. he did not cringe as she had always addressed him this way.

"hm? i don't know.. i thought you're searching for something." he answered. confusion written on his face.

he didn't expect anything. yuna mentally smiled. her eyes lingered on his which made her blush before she stood on her tip-toes and kissed his right cheek.

the sudden action shocked him. for the second time of the day, his eyes widened and his mouth fell open but his reaction was worth it. yuna blushed and smilled sheepishly.

"what the.." was the only words that he managed to get out of his mouth before yuna explained herself making up reasons that were built from the truth.

"i missed you so much, oppa.. it's been so long since the last time we had a proper time to spend together." yuna said trying to sound as innocent as possible. she trued to convince herself that she really felt that way and this was not in any way a part of some trachery.

"me too" beomgyu smilled. yuna's smile widened at his response. it was not one that she expected but she was genuinely happy. this is why she loved him.

that small exchange was then followed with the sharing of their past memories. memories of their first meeting, their first trip to the zoo, their first time eating spicy food, their first day in primary school and their first time getting into trouble. she recalled his snot and tear covered face through her blurry eyes when they both sobbed as their parents scolded them. they were both grounded. these kind of fond memories were strong enough reasons to hold onto him, right? this moment is one of the reasons she fell so deeply for him that she couldn't claw herself back up. she did not want anyone to take him from her. she did not want anyone to hurt him. she wanted to protect him and be his guardian angel just as he was for her.

her phone buzzed again in her pocket. she saw the text from hyebin, "mission accomplished". a set of photos that she took decorated the chat room. the intimacy radiated from every photo. hyebin is truly gifted in creating scandals. the tabloid, they called her.

"send it to the bitch." yuna texted her back after scrolling through all of them. a ghost of a smile lingered on her lips as she stared at the pictures.

"what are you smilling at?" beomgyu asked. curiousity clearly painted in his words. what could possibly be so important that could distract her from their conversation?

"nothing." yuna quickly stashed away her phone into the purse slung to her shoulder.

a/n:

hi guys!! i managed to make 2 chapters at one go!! hoho. i'm sorry that this chapter is a bit short compared to the previous one 😂 cause originally, i wanted 'second chance' and 'nostalgia' to be one chapter but i figure that it would be a long ass chapter so i decided to break it up into two parts.  so, here you go!

i hope you liked these chapters!! thank you for reading !

also, pls pls pls stay safe at all times! use your masks and wash ur hands frequently!!

please vote and comment! 💫

love y'all!