rosemary

his father took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, a habit that he had when he's thinking. a sigh of disbelief escaped his mouth. "how could anyone be so heartless?" his mother's face was void of any feelings. her thoughts enveloped by a mask of stoicism. she was like the calm before the storm. the wrath undoubtedly burning inside of her scorching every part of her, waiting to burn down the monster who dared hurt her daughter.

"are the evidence you collected concrete?" his father asked, eyes locked with his. taehyung nodded in confirmation. he took out the files from a briefcase and set in the middle of the dining table. all eyes on it. his mother took one. her face still expressionless. she opened it. with every page she turned her anger seemed more and more evident. and so was his father. he stood up. silent. took his phone and punched the numbers in.

"Lawyer Han, we got evidence." he went to the balcony leaving his wife and son together.

"mum, are you okay?" taehyung looked as his mother with the utmost concern for his mother's well-being. the stress these past few days had affected her the most. she looked more tired and aged. the cheerful and outgoing mother figure that he grew up to know was no longer there. "i am going to ruin that fucker's life." she mumbled.

her vulgar word shocked her son as she had never ever said such explicit words no matter how angry she was. her breathing was heavy. taehyung held her hand in his and proceeded to hug her.

she fell weak in his arms as she sorrowfully cried releasing her frustration in the form of tears, "what kind of monster would do this to an innocent child?" she clutched the fabric on his son's shirt as he patted his mother's back to calm her down. to give her reassurance that he was not going to let this repeat again. this has to stop.

the next few days shin hojoon was arrested. the shin residence was in a riot. shouting, banging, tazering, handcuffing and shin hojoon was brought to the police station for investigation.

in the hospital, taehee, accompanied by beomgyu decided to visit yuna who was already concious since a few days ago. the knock on the door did not receive any reaction from the girl sitting on the bed staring out of the window of her room. taehee struggled to walk in, iv still stuck to her left hand and was guided by beomgyu. yuna still stared outside pretending not to care about their presence or just merely not realising. beomgyu held in one hand a bouquet of rosemaries.

taehee had asked him why rosemaries. rosemaries signified memories and he did cherish the memories of their childhood. beautiful memories that he had with yuna that she may not have remembered due to the trauma on her head because of the fall.

"yuna?" beomgyu called.

yuna did not flinch nor moved. her eyes still fixed to the baby blue sky and the wispy white clouds blown by the wind.

"yuna?" taehee tried.

yuna turned her head slowly revealing her very pale face. her lips white and chapped. her eyes red and filled with tears. it reflected sadness as she looked at taehee. "i'm sorry" she mumbled a tear dropped from her eyes, down her cheek and down her chin before her expression changed into a blank one. her sad eyes turned blank and hollow like blank paper. she stared at the two of them she turned her head to the window again then she hummed. a song that beomgyu remembered. a song that they sung together on his mother's garden while they layed on the soft grass looking at the sky.

where did that girl go? he wondered. taehee hugged him and pat him. she knew. she knew he was sad. she knew the pains that he's going through. she knew that she did not understand how he felt fully. she knew that there was nothing that she could do for him. that they could do for her.

how did everything become like this?