father

with the countless meetings, they became closer and closer.

for years she turned to beomgyu to find refuge as he was her saviour, her protector, her comfort. she confided in him. one day she came to his house late at night. her eyes bruised and swollen her lips chapped and bled. he looked at her with concern and let her in. he treated her cuts and bruises with such care and warmth radiating from his skillful hands. she fell for him deeper everytime she spent time with him or even laid her eyes on him.

"who did this to you?" he asked her softly while applying ointment on her bruised lip. too close, she thought.

"oh.. uh.. i fell down the stairs." there was no way she would tell him what her father did to her on a daily basis. she just needed comfort from him. his presence is enough to calm her down. her tears had stopped as soon as she arrived at his residence. he shook his head not believing any word that came out of her mouth. but if she did not want to tell him then he wouldn't push her. she would tell him eventually, or so he thought.

that day when the new girl came to school, she did not notice her. 'taerin' was much too invisible for her to see her and befriend her. yuna was not a mean girl. she usually greet people around her regardless of their social group but not that day.

when she saw that his crush was bumped into a pathetic girl and how he looked at her with such interest. yuna was very sure that she was trying to claw herself up the social ladder. she was totally aggravated. her hand moved on its own and slapped the girl straight across the face. it was as if it had a mind of its own. she remembered almost slapping another girl's face before the new girl twisted her hands and she dropped to the floor in pain. she was relieved that she did not hurt another girl but also frustrated and humiliated for what had the new girl did. she then left with such arrogance. sure, she's pretty eventhough she was rather plain but she was much too arrogant for her liking.

she seeked for comfort from beomgyu but he kept his eyes on the swaying ponytail of the girl from earlier. yuna's hand trembled with anger and she had this unfamiliar feeling in her heart. a stabbing pain and hate towards that girl. yuna waved it away and helped herself to stand up. beomgyu just realised that his best friend was on the floor after she stood up. the whole day he teased her for losing against the new girl. however, she noticed that beomgyu was talking about her with such awe and interest in his voice that her heart became heavy once again.

one day, when yuna was walking to her class to take her bag for extra lessons, she saw beomgyu's friend peeking through the door. she then heard a familiar boy's voice and and decided to join the boys. beomgyu was sitting on one of the chairs seemingly very engaged in a conversation with someone. yuna moved her eyes to see that same girl that bumped into him a few days back looking flustered and scared. at the sight of her, yuna tighten her grip on the paper she was holding and unintentionally crumpiling its edge. she looked away and proceeded on her way. she was late for her plans with her unnies anyway.

she emerged from the entrance in a famous cafe in town. the jinggling of the bell announces her presence to the staff members. she saw familliar faces smilling and waving at her. she went to slip into one of the chairs beside ryujin.

"what's wrong yuna-ya?" yeji asked, her eyes reflected her concern for the youngest member. those words opened up her heart and it made her pour everything out to them. their faces changed as yuna told them what had been bothering her for the past few days. they had always been so supportive. lia opened her mouth but before she could voice out her opinion, a man approached. "miss shin, your father requested for your return." it was mr yoo, his father's assistant.

yuna bit her lips in response. what is so urgent that his father requested his private assisstant to fetch her? he never cared. she then nodded, bid her unnies goodbye and walked slowly into the car.

she went into the car and was shocked out of her wits to face her father's stoic demeanor as soon as the assistant opened the door. she reluctantly entered the car and sit beside him.

silence followed. the tension thick in the air. after a few heart wrenching minutes, her father's voice finally filled the car.

"how's school?" he asked. it sounded ingenuine to yuna, but she felt touched as it was her first time that her father asked about her life.

"uh.. good, i guess?" reluctance expressed in every word.

"i heard that there's a new student in your school? what's her name? kim taehee?" her father asked.

her shoulders dropped. of course he was not concerned about her. he just needed information. the fire burned inside.

"you mean kim taerin?" she asked. regret overcame her as she pronounced her name.

"ah, yes. how is she?" he asked.

"why do you care? i'm you daughter! why do you care about her?" she snapped. her ears heated as she felt her temper rise slowly but surely.

her father scanned her expression and his mouth twisted up in what seemed like a smile, but it never reached his eyes. it's more like a sneer than a smile to yuna which sent chills down her spine. she looked down on her dwindling fingers. she shouldn't have snapped.

"i-i'm sorry father" she quickly apologized her eyes watered with dread. she couldn't imagine what he would do to her, she still had nightmares of those days when he hit her with a cane or his fists. she swallowed her saliva, her throat seemed dry.

"do you hate her?" he asked. she flicked her head up looking at his face, with the dim light, his expression seemed eerie but she could see his dark smile.

"i- i-" she lost her words.

"i can help you get your beomgyu back from her" he said.

"h-how'd you know?" her voice almost inaudible.

"you don't need to know about how. answer my question, yuna" he demanded.

yuna looked at his assistant who was driving in front of her. it must be him, the assistant looked at her from the rear view mirror which made her quickly avert her gaze. "i- yes" she said. reluctance still inevitable. she felt so groggy in her father's presence.

"i can help you, dear" he said. affection was absent but his smile of victory evident on his face.

what is he planning.

a/n:
yoyoyo! just finished my exams, almost died 😂

but good news guys, i survived! thankyou all for reading this chapter, i think there will be a few more yuna chapters, please eagerly anticipate for them.

sorry for slow updates as usual :"(

however, i would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for waiting patiently for updates and loving this story!

also, for those who messaged me, i'm sorry i couldn't answer y'all as my email have problem.

i also haven't got the chance to thank y'all for 97k reads omg.   

anyways, this is getting long LOL so i'll end it here.

once again, thankyou for reading and please vote and comment! 💫