Prologue

© Copyright 2015 All rights reserved. Any part of this material/ideas may not be reproduced, displayed, modified or distributed without express prior written permission of the copyrght holder d0ntstopbelieving on Wattpad. Keep in mind plagiarism is punishable by law.

------

"Alright, get comfortable with the person seated beside you because they will be your partner for the rest of the semester!" 

Mr. Forbes claps obnoxiously in front of the class, clearly not aware of the hell high school students can put you through if you act like a total knob. I mean what teenager could warm up to a man who purposely looks to annoy his students?

The issue quickly becomes irrelevant though, because to my left is the one and only Violet Dolan. She's my neighbor, my best friend, and now my science partner. We've been friends for about three years, since I moved here from Ireland.

Unlike her "popular" group of friends she never discriminated me as the new kid. In fact, she left her old friends for me. The new kid with the funny accent, pale skin, and obnoxious laugh. I would never have minded being a loner, considering i've always been one – even back home – cause no one wants to befriend the "snobby" rich kid with a piggy bank for a dad. Yet now I can't thank her enough for being that best friend I never knew I wanted.

I watch her furiously rush to take the last of the notes down from the board, before her blue eyes find my own. She grins, and winks at me, and idiotically I grin back at her.

We spend every waking moment together, and each one seems more exciting than the last. She never gets tired of me, and the feeling is mutual. I could never get tired of her gorgeous blue eyes, much more intriguing than my own. And who could get tired of her golden hair, that resembles the glow of actual gold in the sun. Her cute giggle, the way she snorts when she's laughing her ass off at the stupidities i've come up with.

Frankly, it's utterly impossible not to love her. Which is why i've fallen for her, harder than I ever could have imagined. It's stupid, I actually get so fucking excited when I think about the future, imagining sharing it with her.

"Alright get together with your partners, we have an experiment to do" Mr. Forbes announces as he walks up and down the aisles handing each of us a blind fold.

"Uh Mr. Forbes, i'm not really into this kinky stuff" I retort as he hands me mine, Violet is the first to break out in fits of giggles before the class begins to join her. Mr. Forbes rolls his eyes at me and quiets the class down, while I watch Violet wipe the tears from her eyes. Making her laugh is my only concern I could care less about everyone else.

"Since we're going over the human senses, this experiment will test just how strong our sense of touch is. I mean imagine if you were blind? And this was the only way to see your surroundings – through your hands!" Mr. Forbes waves his hands over his head and I wonder briefly if he's drunk.

"One of you, blindfold your partner and take one of their hands, palm up!" He instructs, and I eagerly go about blindfolding Vi.

"Niall" she giggles, "Your way too excited for this" she reaches up to touch the blindfold, her fingers brushing mine.

"Duh, I get to blindfold you don't I?" my voice drops a few degrees as I whisper in her ear only half joking.

"You perv!" she gasps, but can't fight her giggle.

"Niall!" my friend Matt calls over to me from a few desks back. "This is some Fifty Shades type shit huh?" he wiggles his brows, his tongue touching his top teeth while he tugs on his girlfriends ponytail, earning a whimper and insults from her.