Chapter 21

"What a day," Sonya said to her reflection. She was standing in front of the mirror in the master bedroom, in the apartment that she and Mandy had finally moved into two days earlier. What a couple of days would have been a more accurate way for her to have put it. Getting all of their belongings from their old rented apartment to this one would have been a mission by itself, but that had been the easy part. Somehow, they had been able to coordinate the deliveries of all of their new furniture and appliances to come during their first two days in the apartment. Getting everything set up and in the right places had been much harder work than Sonya had expected ahead of time.

There was no time to take a relaxing soak in a bath, though. In a decision that she now partially regretted, she had talked Mandy into having their housewarming party on the night of that second day. A rare Friday night without an NXT show to work had seemed like the ideal time to party with their friends, but now they both felt tired and ached all over. There were bottles of wine, vodka and whisky in the kitchen, though, so Sonya knew she had a choice of ways to take the edge off the tiredness and get into the party mood.

Any moment now, the invited guests would start arriving, which was why Sonya had just changed into a pair of black pants and a black and red plaid shirt, and had hurriedly put her hair up and applied some makeup. Thankfully, it was a gathering of friends that was at hand, not a formal occasion. She hadn't needed to dress to impress anyone.

Satisfied with her appearance, Sonya left the bedroom and walked through to the living room, where she found Mandy setting up the TV to play some music during the party. They had purchased a surround sound system too, but it wasn't set up yet. The speakers were currently in the bedroom that they were using for storage, along with countless other boxes and bags.

"I can't believe we're actually ready in time," Mandy said when her girlfriend entered the room. "I never thought we were going to do it."

Sonya blew out a sigh of relief. "I hear you. But we did it. How do I look?"

Happy with the playlist she had selected, Mandy put the TV controller down on the coffee table and looked at Sonya, immediately giving a smile of approval. "Beautiful, of course."

"But not as beautiful as you," Sonya said, taking in Mandy's stunning figure in the white dress she had chosen to wear. It showed off just the right amount of breast and leg to look both sexy and classy.

"I don't know about that, but I'll take the compliment," Mandy smiled. She moved over to the dining table in the corner of the room, upon which she had placed three platters of party food for consumption by any guests who wanted to indulge themselves. "I got the finger food ready," she announced unnecessarily.

"So I see," Sonya said, stepping up behind Mandy and putting her arms around her waist. She admired the way the three platters were laid out in a triangle shape on the table, each one excellently presented in its own right. "Somehow, you even manage to make finger food look appetising and delicious."

"I don't know about that," Mandy said with a chuckle, nestling against Sonya and enjoying her embrace.

"I do. A woman of many talents," Sonya said, kissing the side of Mandy's neck.

The sound of the intercom by the front door buzzing cut into the moment. The first of their guests had arrived at the gated entrance into the community where their apartment was. The added security of living in a gated community was nice, but visitors having to stop and wait to be admitted was an inconvenience.

Sonya walked over and pressed the button to speak through the intercom. "Who goes there?" she asked, making light of the situation to get into the party spirit.