Chapter 47

Well, that happened, Tessa thought, looking around the trashed hotel room that belonged to Adam Cole. She had just sat up in the bed, her head pounding because of a hangover.

Despite the amount of beer she had put away at the club, and the resulting headache that was now forcing her to squint her eyes against the sunlight streaming through a gap in the curtains, she could remember pretty much every detail of the fiery hot sex she'd had with Adam Cole. The room had come out of it worse for wear.

Tessa looked at the desk in the corner of the room. The tea and coffee tray had been knocked off it to the floor while he had been fucking her on it. She looked across at the couch near the window. He had fucked her there, too. The sex had been amazing, not that she was going to tell Cole that. His ego needed absolutely no boosting.

The sound of a toilet flushing came from the bathroom. A moment later, Cole came walking slowly around the corner, obviously struggling with his own hangover. He stopped and squinted at her for a moment before passing his verdict. "You look like crap."

"Not as bad as you, I'd be willing to bet."

"I don't know about that. I look good even when I'm hanging," he said, making his way over to the bed and flopping onto it, lying face down.

"No, you really don't," Tessa assured him. "No one does when they're hung over. This is why I never drink beer. I hate the stuff."

"Didn't look like you hated it last night," he said, his voice muffled by the bed cover.

"Blame Clementine and Nikki. They were really going for it. I kind of got dragged along with them."

Cole didn't respond. Neither of them said anything for a minute until he finally spoke, not lifting his head. "You know any good hangover cures?"

"Yeah," Tessa said, not elaborating.

Cole looked up, expecting more information.

"Sex."

Cole made a point of considering it as if it was a serious remedy she had suggested. "I suppose I'm willing to give it a try."

Adam Cole did have some manners to offset his arrogance, Tessa had learned. After they'd had sex twice more, he had ordered them a room service breakfast – an actual hangover cure.

By the time Tessa had to make what she thought of as her walk of shame back to her room, it was mid morning.

"I'm glad I'm not on Raw," she said, walking towards the room's door with Cole just behind her. "I don't think I could wrestle tonight feeling like this."

"You sure? I could wrestle tonight," Cole said, making it obvious that it was a sexual innuendo.

Reaching the door, Tessa turned to face him. "You mean you want to do this again?"

"You mean you don't?" Cole said with another of those smug looks on his face that made Tessa feel weak.

"I didn't say that," she replied, managing to keep her cool. "But when am I going to get to see you again?"

Cole smiled. "Friday. The Undisputed Era are debuting on Smackdown this week. That's why I dropped the title Saturday night at Takeover."

"Friday night then," Tessa said simply. With that, she turned and opened the door, finding it oddly important that she had the last word. Something told her that he would think about it over the coming days. Good, she thought.

Sure that she looked a very long way from her best, Tessa wanted to get back to her room as quick as she could, where a shower and more coffee would be top priorities. She reached the elevators and pressed the button to call one. While she waited, she adjusted her leather jacket so that it sat properly on her shoulders and checked her pockets to make sure she hadn't left anything in Cole's room. She hadn't.